[RESOLVED] VR in 4.3 with ATC????

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
cyrex1984

[RESOLVED] VR in 4.3 with ATC????

Post by cyrex1984 »

After the release of 4.3 its not possible to use ATC in VR mode. in 4.2 you could use it on the monitor for quick commands. But in 4.3 you have to exit VR mode to use ATC. And i see the same on the 3thparty plugins no longer the menu comes up in VR mode like it did with 4.2. Please release a hotfix on this as of now its not posible to use atc in VR.
MartinM

Re: VR in 4.3 with ATC????

Post by MartinM »

Same here
Win10-x64 | ASUS Z390 | Intel i7-9700K | 32 GB DDR4 | 6TB SSD Samsung 850 Pro | ASUS GTX 1080 ROG STRIX 8GB DDR5X | TM Hotas Warthog | Saitek Combat Pedals | Oculus Rift S
RossG

Post by RossG »

+1 on this
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

Are you using native VR or an addon for VR?

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer
truthknown

Post by truthknown »

Seems that anything with popup menus are also unusable. For instance, opening the GSX control menu or the SODE control menu for jetbridges. We have to exit VR mode to access the menus.
cyrex1984

Post by cyrex1984 »

Kayla Kinzel wrote: Tue Jun 26, 2018 9:02 pm Hello,

Are you using native VR or an addon for VR?

Regards,
Kayla
Im using native vr mode. Never used flyinside or steam.
jef32

No ATC windows at all in VR

Post by jef32 »

Hi from France !

With the 4.2 I hadn't ATC windows in Oculus but I had on my monitor. It wasn't the best for flying but when I needed to use ATC I lifted my Oculus from my eyes to see my monitor, thinking that the problem would be fixed with the next version of P3D

Yesterday, full of hope about that, I've done the update to 4.3.2925520 (just client and content, no sceneries) and, big disappointment, I havn't ATC windows at all, neither in my Oculus, nor on my monitor. If I want to see ATC windows, I'm forced to switch on a no VR mode.

This fact makes P3D totally unusuable for me for now .

So ok, I've noticed a good improvement in VR for fluidity and picture quality with this new version but if I can't use it, It's not go.
CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 16 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W7-64 Sp1, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

I can't help with your problem, but I can offer an alternative. You may want to investigate VoxATC, which is far superior to the built-in ATC. As of 4.3 its panels are visible in VR.

http://voxatc.com/

It's not perfect (I don't any product of this type ever will be). However, I've used it for years through several versions, and have always been very happy with it.

If you do consider it, I would wait until it's clear that it is fully compatible with 4.3. From my very limited testing so far it appears to be ok.

PS If I understand you correctly, you are taking you headset off everytime you have to use the ATC menu? If so, you have far more patience than I.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello all,

Could you try undocking the ATC window before entering VR?

Regards,
Kayla
jef32

Post by jef32 »

PS If I understand you correctly, you are taking you headset off everytime you have to use the ATC menu? If so, you have far more patience than I.
Yes, it wasnt the best way but now it's worst. For VOXATC, I don't want to switch my windows in english mode.
Nowadays, I would think quite normal to have ATC in VR. Other flight simulators that I use, have it. P3D isn't the simulator I use the more since this problem. Now I prefer flying on a more military simulator, over Caucasus, Nevada or Detroit of Hormuz if you see what I mean, but it's clear that graphism of P3d are missing me. Yesterday , I've made a flight from Milford Sound to Queenstown with NZ ORBX sceneries and it's absolutly amazing and fabulous, especially in VR but with no ATC, all of that becomes absolutly unrealistic. I can't understand how a company like LM could have a technical problem with the displaying of the ATC windows in VR mode.
CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 16 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W7-64 Sp1, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1
guit32

Post by guit32 »

For me the probleme is with GSX, I was using it with voiceattack it is now impossible...
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

jef32 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:33 pm I don't want to switch my windows in english mode
Well, if it's necessary to make significant changes to your OS, then I've got to say that I'm very surprised. I would have thought that just the addition of the English speech recogniser would do it. An extra step and hassle? Worth it?

There are many wonderful things to do in the Caucausus, etc. However, I find the ATC there to be extremely simplistic.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

jef32 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 1:33 pm
Yes, it wasnt the best way but now it's worst. For VOXATC, I don't want to switch my windows in english mode.
Nowadays, I would think quite normal to have ATC in VR. Other flight simulators that I use, have it. P3D isn't the simulator I use the more since this problem. Now I prefer flying on a more military simulator, over Caucasus, Nevada or Detroit of Hormuz if you see what I mean, but it's clear that graphism of P3d are missing me. Yesterday , I've made a flight from Milford Sound to Queenstown with NZ ORBX sceneries and it's absolutly amazing and fabulous, especially in VR but with no ATC, all of that becomes absolutly unrealistic. I can't understand how a company like LM could have a technical problem with the displaying of the ATC windows in VR mode.
Hello,

Could you try undocking the ATC before entering VR?

Regards,
Kayla
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

guit32 wrote: Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:37 pm For me the probleme is with GSX, I was using it with voiceattack it is now impossible...
Hello,

Could you try undocking panels before entering VR?

Regards,
Kayla
cyrex1984

Post by cyrex1984 »

Ok. I managed to get the ATC window inside my oculus. I did this.
1.Run P3D in none VR mode and open the atc window.
2.Make sure P3D are in windowed mode and not full screen.
3.while in none VR mode with the atc window open, resize your P3D window as small as 4cm by 4cm square on your desktop.
4.Enter VR mode and the ATC window is there inside the goggles.(you have to tweak the size on the window to get all the text to show.

###This works not only for ATC, but for GSX,SODE etc.

If you want i can make a video on how to do it. Would think its a easy fix for LM to fix this anyways.