P3D frame drop with Majestic Q400

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Hippo

P3D frame drop with Majestic Q400

Post by Hippo »

I wonder if anyone has encountered the following: just sitting on the runway, when I look around the cockpit, intermittently, around every 5 seconds, the display will stall (i.e. stop moving for less than a second). This was actually happening to me with 4.2 recently, but I had been away from P3D for months previously and I'm sure it wasn't an issue before then. Maybe a new driver from the past couple of months or so? Appreciate any responses as this makes the sim unusable for me.

I had completely uninstalled all traces of 4.2 so was hoping this issue would not be there.

This is on a completely clean install of 4.3. The only other thing I have installed is fsuipc. I am testing by loading the aircraft from within the default flight. Do not see this issue with the other aircraft (f22). Though also happens when I load a flight with the Q400.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: P3D frame drop with Majestic Q400

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Have you contacted the developer of this aircraft with this issue?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

No. I have posted the same issue on their unofficial avsim forum. Their official forum appears to have issues and it's not currently not possible to post on.

I was hoping that maybe someone else had experienced a similar issue and found a resolution. It's not looking like it.

EDIT - and typically, now I look again, they have a new forum up and running again. Will post there.

Thanks.
Last edited by Hippo on Wed Jun 27, 2018 4:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

... and I omitted to mention that I'm running in VR, with Oculus Rift.
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

Please feel free to delete this thread.