Scenario duplicated when saving? - v3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Hippo

Scenario duplicated when saving? - v3

Post by Hippo »

Is it just me? When I save a scenario I get two copies of it in the "load scenario" list, one without a title but with an extra full stop (period) on the end of the file name, and one with the scenario title and file name which looks like the correct one. I am currently using 3.4, but I think this has always happened, and it makes a mess of the scenario page.
I use the same string for title, file name and description.
Martyson

Re: Scenario duplicated when saving?

Post by Martyson »

"I use the same string for title, file name and description."

Do a test save, saving the
title as Title

the file name as File Name

and the description as Description

Then how does the scenario page look?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

I get one scenario with Title = "Title", File Name = "File Name", Description = "Description".

And another one with File Name = "File Name." Description = BLANK Title = BLANK
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

The "duplicate" file name is actually "File Name..FLT" when I select the scenario and look at its details.
The "proper" scenario file is "File Name.fxml".
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

"I get one scenario with Title = "Title", File Name = "File Name", Description = "Description"."
Yes, this is the one to load when P3D starts. Correct?

Now, are these also in the list of saved flights to pick from when you start P3D and want to Load a saved flight?

"And another one with File Name = "File Name." Description = BLANK Title = BLANK
The "duplicate" file name is actually "File Name..FLT" when I select the scenario and look at its details.
The "proper" scenario file is "File Name.fxml"."

A screenshot of what you see would help.
Best Regards,
Hippo

Post by Hippo »

I would've done this already, but there appears to be no way to upload images to this forum.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Hippo wrote: Sun Dec 17, 2017 9:50 am
I would've done this already, but there appears to be no way to upload images to this forum.
Answering the previous question is ok without doing a screenshot:

Now, are these also in the list of saved flights to pick from when you start P3D and want to Load a saved flight?

"And another one with File Name = "File Name." Description = BLANK Title = BLANK
The "proper" scenario file is "File Name.fxml"."

To read about posting a screenshot. I searched and found this :

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=126059
Best Regards,
Hippo

Re: Scenario duplicated when saving? - v3

Post by Hippo »

I think I've worked out the problem here. Sorry, but I've been wasting your time. Thank you for taking an interest, nonetheless.

It appears that this happens only when I save scenearios with the Majestic Q400 (it's the only aircraft I use, it didn't click with me that this could be the issue). Using one of the stock aircraft this doesn't happen.

Again, sorry to waste your time, and thanks for your help. I'll have a dig around Majestic's forums.
Martyson

Re: Scenario duplicated when saving? - v3

Post by Martyson »

Hippo wrote: Tue Dec 19, 2017 8:57 am I think I've worked out the problem here. Sorry, but I've been wasting your time. Thank you for taking an interest, nonetheless.

It appears that this happens only when I save scenearios with the Majestic Q400 (it's the only aircraft I use, it didn't click with me that this could be the issue). Using one of the stock aircraft this doesn't happen.

Again, sorry to waste your time, and thanks for your help. I'll have a dig around Majestic's forums.
No waste of time.

Any additional information you could provide (and possibly a screenshot) here showing the problem you had and a description of the solution you found would help other pilots flying the Majestic Q400.
Best Regards,