Will P3D Provide A Solution To The Saitek Installation Issue?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to computer hardware and the Prepar3D client application
Eagle Spirit

Will P3D Provide A Solution To The Saitek Installation Issue?

Post by Eagle Spirit »

Months ago I had considered spending $3,500 + from AVADirect, however there seemed to be compatibility issues with Saitek radio, multi panel, switch panel and trim controls, so I held off of the P3D v4.1 purchase. After much research, I read that Saitek/Logitech had made installation of their product into P3D v4.1 as easy as it was to install in FSX. (marketing hype / deception?) Feeling reassured, I purchased my new system, exclusively for P3D v4.1.(i7-7700K Quad-Core 4.2 - 4.5GHz Turbo, GeForce GTX 1080 Ti,GDDR5, Samsung 500GB SSD).

I purchased P3D v4.1 yesterday. I installed it w/o issues. Graphically, it looks good, but the Saitek products do not install. I ran the test panels (in programs) for each and they show that the switches and buttons react to the tests, however, they do not function in P3D v4.1. I had downloaded drivers from Saitek and Logitech. Neither site was user friendly. I did see the light in the Radio Panel flicker briefly, however, no joy.

I have searched the forums and youtube, but haven't found a resolution, so after a 3+ hour P3D v4.1 download, and devoting nearly 24 hours straight, attempting to resolve the Saitek issue, I reached the end of my patients. I'm hoping you can provide a solution for me. If not, I will uninstall P3D v4.1, request a Refund, and reinstall my FSX Gold.

Aside from above, I've experienced a speed indicator thats all over the place. Very erratic

Regards, Col. Scott Gordon Mitchell USMC
flieger4711

Re: Will P3D Provide A Solution To The Saitek Installation Issue?

Post by flieger4711 »

Hello,
Iam using P3d V4.1 and WIN 10.
I haveSitek Rudder Pedals-> NO Problems
2x Throttle Unit-> NO Problems
They all are native supported by WIN10 and P3d I don´t use any separate drivers.

Best regards
flieger4711
Eagle Spirit

Post by Eagle Spirit »

I'm happy for you! However, you should read more thoroughly. I'm talking "panels". My throttle quad, peddles, yoke all installed w/o issue.

Regards, Eagle
jef32

Post by jef32 »

I have W7
Saitek X-52, rudder Saitek and keyboard Saitek Cyborg and except the problem with the eyepoint i've talk about in an other post, i have no problems at all.
CPU: I7-6700K 4Ghz, GC: nVidia GeForce Titan X Gigabytes, 16 Go DDR4, Motherboard: Gigabytes Z170X-Gaming 3. OS: W7-64 Sp1, 3 HD Samsung SSD 850 Pro 1TB + 1 Samsung SSD EVO 500 Gb. Oculus Rift CV1
Eagle Spirit

Post by Eagle Spirit »

LOL,
Fella's, Are ya'll blind? read carefully.
This pertains too SAITEK RADIO, MULTI PANEL, AND SWITCH PANEL, NOT THROTTLE QUAD, RUDDER PEDALS OR YOKE.

Stay Verticle
WarpD

Post by WarpD »

Those were designed to use SimConnect with FSX, were they not? If so, they are probably not v4.1 native but rather will require that you install the FSX legacy SimConnect.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation
BBQSteve

Post by BBQSteve »

Purchase SPAD.Next for your panels and ditch the Saitek drivers. You will have to download the snippets for each panel, but they are free. http://www.spadnext.com/home.html This will open up a whole new world to you, especially if you get into the vFIPS panels. Great money savers there. http://www.fipgauges.com/
Eagle Spirit

Post by Eagle Spirit »

Thanks,

I respect and appreciate your input.

My Saitek Multi Panel, Radio and Switch Panel worked just fine in FSX. I spent $3,500+ on a new system / P3D dedicated, after I read that Saitek Panels are fully supported and that it was as easy to install as it was in FSX. Needless to say, I'm one disappointed fella.

I'm definitely not tech minded.

I read that many are having issues with Spad.next in P3D v4.1.

I started flying years ago for sheer pleasure and have seen it become more technically complex, to the point that it seems that I need to be employed at NASA, or have a degree in aeronautical engineering, LOL.

Hard to know where to go, as dev's will say whatever they think will work, to sell their product and get the $$$$.

I'm considering a refund and reinstalling FSX.

Eagle
Eagle Spirit

Post by Eagle Spirit »

"BB"

I checked out the gauge site. For the price, these can't be stand alone, like my current Saitek Panels. How do they work/configure? Are the templets to use in my Saitek products?

Eagle
johnan

Post by johnan »

Spad.next works for me, and has done since its initial release a few years ago.
It is constantly being developed and improved which is something I like to see.
You can try it for free to see if works for you, so you can’t lose anything by experimenting.

FSX is really finished now, I couldn’t go back to it under any circumstances. It is just an outdated game compared to p3d which is becoming much more like a proper flight simulator with every iteration.
KEMIC

Post by KEMIC »

Did you find a solution. I have all the Saitek/Logitech panels as well and they all work well with prepar3dV3. Like you I upgraded to V4 when it first came out in May last year and couldn't get them to work and had to reinstall V3. I just reinstalled V4 today and still no joy.
Kevin

P3Dv6.1.8.31568 PRO,Windows 11 Pro V 23H2, i7-9700K CPU @4.70GHz,RAM 32.0 GB,NVIDIA GeForce GTX 2080Ti 11GB V536.67,Saitek ProFlight Yoke System,Rudder pedals,Throttle Quandrant,Multi Panel,2 Radio Panels, Switch Panel,2Flight Ins Panel
aeronauta

Post by aeronauta »

Spad.next works perfectly in V4.1 (and all previous ) you must not have the Saitek drivers installed for them to work, also I found in my Asus mother board in Dec 2017 that a new bios is available that solves some problems with Saitek devices...

Jorge
Jorge Roldan
OZx Developer (aero) - Hovercontrol Helicopter Certified Pilot - Spad.Next Beta Tester - VATPAC Pilot PR
System i9-9990 4.7Ghz 32GB W11 Nvidia GeForce RTX 2080 8GB