Autogen delayed loading v4

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
gordonhutchison

Autogen delayed loading v4

Post by gordonhutchison »

HI all,

I'm having an issue on v4 relating to autogen loading.

It always seems to happen after descending down from a cruise; when I get close to the ground there is no autogen present at all.

Sometimes it will begin to load in batches, other times I will have to pause the sim to let it "catch up".

I never have this issue when I first start a flight, or if I stay at low altitude where the ground is always relatively close.

All other ground textures are perfecty sharp, there is no lag/stuttering or any other texture issues at all. It as though the sim just can't keep up, or struggles to load building and tree autogen after descending back down after a high altitude cruise.??

Any ideas?

Cheers

Gordon
Nilsx

Re: Autogen delayed loading v4

Post by Nilsx »

I have exactly the same problem.
I have reinstalled the sim, drastictly reduced the settings but still have have these problems flying the fast jets.
Running with a 4790K at 4.6 and a 1080ti
yorgosGK

Post by yorgosGK »

I as well see similar symptoms. Particularly in V4. I am on a clean install on W10 [4790k @4.6 + 32gb RAM + 980ti g1].

On takeoff and climb the LOD radius is far...(granted being on the ground helps this) however, on a descent around 8-10k feet my autogen LOD radius is literally slammed 1/4 aprox.

Airport doesn't even load unless I'm passing middle marker. Everything pops and feels/looks and my immersion is horrifying at this stage.

I have extremely moderate settings. All autogen is set to normal
gordonhutchison

Post by gordonhutchison »

Glad to see I'm not alone, hopefully LM can provide som input/assistance with this issue.

I also have quite a high-end system - 7700K @ 5.1Ghz, GTX1080Ti. All P3D core files and scenery addons are installed on the same SSD (Samsung 850Evo 1Tb).
ZaphodBX

Post by ZaphodBX »

Same problem here... Not a real high-end system but not too bad (Core I7, 3,6 Ghz, GTX 770) and the symptoms did't exist in V3.4
Cheers - ZaphodBX
pcw291

No autogen at destination airport P3D v4

Post by pcw291 »

Hey,

is anyone having problems with autogen not generating at destination airport and its surroundings?

Its just flat scenery with no buildings, no trees, no roads. The simulator works just fine in every phase of the flight but the arrival is kinda irritating since I have no scenery at the end of my journey.

I did some testing tonight and it seems that changing settings makes no difference. The scenery simply does not show up.
During cruise the textures are extra sharp, departure is also going well with no problems with autogen or blurry textures, as soon as I start my descent theres no scenery, no night lightning, just simple, flat, default picture-like placeholder.

Is it known issue or is it related to something on my end? Want to make sure before trying to reinstall completely everything from scratch. I have no problem of that kind with P3D v3 (still enjoying it since still some addons were not ported over)

I have i5 6600k oced to 4500, 16Gb of ram and GTX970. P3D v4 installed including newest hotfix. I have made no changes to cfg, using windows 10. FPS are fine, but this problem is really triggering me at this point.
JacquesBrel

Re: No autogen at destination airport P3D v4

Post by JacquesBrel »

I had the same problem yesterday when approaching Aerosoft Tromsø. No autogen houses or trees, no airport or scenery buildings. Just a runway and the base terrain textures. I had to pause the sim and wait for everything to slowly load. It seemed like it was an issue of autogen/scenery not being able to catch up. I was flying the Twin Otter - not an aircraft that the sim should struggle to catch up with.
Patrice_p3d

Post by Patrice_p3d »

For me too.

For a flight from Dublin Ireland to Glasgow Scotland with the PMDG 737, at Glasgow, no autogen (and even enroute also).

On terrain parts of the scenery, I must pause the sim to see the autogen coming and then continue the flight.

On Glasgow, it is more critical, because I am landing and the autogen is behind the plane, not in front of it.

I think there is a problem here.

Patrice.
JacquesBrel

Post by JacquesBrel »

I did some testing yesterday, and so far it seems I maybe have a problem with Orbx autogen.

I could reliably replicate very slowly loading autogen when flying west from LIPX Verona along Lago di Garda (not an area with very large urban areas/forests). When nearing the range of the initally loaded autogen, very few new autogen patches would appear ahead of the plane, and even when pausing the sim it would take 30+ seconds for new autogen to catch up and load completely. All the while, my CPU/GPU was not being pushed very hard, and my frame rate was around 30-45 fps.

When I disabled only Orbx OpenLC Europe and flew the same route, there was no problem with autogen loading (other than the problem of the default landclass not looking very nice or detailed, as always...)

I'll see if I have time to do some more testing/fixing next weekend, and maybe post a support issue at the Orbx forum.
ModernMann

Post by ModernMann »

I have the same problem. The autogen trees typically load in as i pass over the runway threshold.
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

ZaphodBX wrote: Tue Jul 11, 2017 12:40 pm Same problem here... Not a real high-end system but not too bad (Core I7, 3,6 Ghz, GTX 770) and the symptoms did't exist in V3.4
Cheers - ZaphodBX
I can't confirm that this problem did not exist in v3.x, as I didn't notice any difference beween v3 and v4 concerning late loading of autogen.
I'm usually flying VFR, low-and-slow, actually quite fast at about 160 kn (Aero Commander) and, after about 20-30 minutes of flying, the loading of autogen comes later and later, until I 'overtake' the autogen-loading-front.
The situation improved after reducing autogen density from max to 1 tick lower (trees and buildings).
But that 'feature' was already present in v3 (and earlier).
Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit
stevefocus

Post by stevefocus »

I've noticed this problem also.
P3Dv4.5, Windows 10 64bit, i7 6700k@4.6GHz, Asus Rog Maximus VIII Extreme, Asus Rog Strix 1080Ti, 32GB Corsair Vengeance@3200MHz, 1TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2, 256GB OCZ Vertex 4, 512GB OCZ Vector, 480GB OCZ Vector 150, Corsair 900D, Corsair AX1200i, Acer X34
molleh

Post by molleh »

Same problem here on my PC with V4. I have tried various settings, including dropping all graphics settings down to extremely low to try to see if it's an issue with the autogen thread(s) being prioritized for other scenery processes etc, but no change. I have to drop autogen distance down to Normal (lower than what I have in 3.4!) to avoid the delayed autogen loading. This is with all stock P3D by the way.

System specs:
i5 3570k @ 4.6ghz
16gb DDR3 @ 2400mhz
980 Ti
Samsung 850 Pro SSDs
Windows 10 Pro
windowseat73

Post by windowseat73 »

Add me to the list. I have a good system, this shouldn't be happening. I've tried a wide-range of settings, including a fresh install and the same problem occurs time and time again. Same if using stock or with addons. Tried various drivers. The only way I can get it to load is if I change the density in settings one way or another, then it loads up on approach. Something is definitely wrong here...
windowseat73

Post by windowseat73 »

For me, autogen isn't loading at the destination either, anywhere, so I don't think it's an ORBX region problem for me. Aside from dialing the autogen back to almost nothing, nothing works. I have a better-than-average system, and this problem never happened in v3 or x-plane for comparison. The only way I can get autogen as I approach is to move one of the tree or building sliders one way or another and let it reload. It's really annoying.