Lockheed A-12 Oxcart (Cygnus)

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
quid21

Lockheed A-12 Oxcart (Cygnus)

Post by quid21 »

Have been working on this for two years now part time, but gradually I'm getting closer to being ready to release her into the wild.

The little known Lockheed A-12 was the faster, higher flying forerunner to the SR-71 Blackbird and was operated by the CIA from Area 51, and operationally over North Korea, helping find USS Paeblo and providing total photographic coverage of North Korea within a single mission!

Adam Breed
Lockheed Martin

Re: Lockheed A-12 Oxcart (Cygnus)

Post by Adam Breed »

Hi,

Very cool - thanks for posting.

We love seeing legacy Lockheed aircraft!

Regards,
Adam
Prepar3D® Engineering Project Manager
quid21

Post by quid21 »

Thanks Adam, what a great legacy Lockheed has!
JimmyHigh

Post by JimmyHigh »

I am so stoked to see this. Do you have a developers blog or any kind of site you'll be making this available? Is it based on any existing add on model such as glowingheat?
JimmyHigh

Post by JimmyHigh »

I also didn't realize I was able to take the glowing heat out for a flight in Prepar3d as well. I guess that'll do for now. But wow I really want to try that A-12. From what I've read, it was a superior airplane to the SR-71 because of the lighter weight and bigger camera. limited in purpose however. Since I'm not playing flight sims to spy, I'd prefer this aircraft over the SR-71 to fly at 90k feet at Mach 3.5 to my heart's content.