Prepar3d is disappearing

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Chazypax

Prepar3d is disappearing

Post by Chazypax »

So I've been using flight sim absolutely fine with no trouble at all. All of a sudden, I come to open it tonight. I click on the icon on my desktop and up pops the P3D splash screen, after the splash screen I should be getting the scenario screen in which I can select what airport I load up at etc but instead it disappears. I can't see it running in my taskbar at the bottom. The only way I can see it running is by going to Task Manger in which it displays the exe running there. P3D isn't crashing or giving me any types of errors, I just simply cannot see it on my screens but I know the program is running.

I've not made any changes apart from hooking up a 27" HD monitor with my main monitor so I can now use two.

Can anyone help?

Thank you
Martyson

Re: Prepar3d is disappearing

Post by Martyson »

"I've not made any changes apart from hooking up a 27" HD monitor with my main monitor so I can now use two."

Uninstall it.

Reboot PC (one, original monitor).

Test again.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Chazypax

Post by Chazypax »

Hi Martyson,

I've just done what you suggested and it still doesn't work.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Chazypax wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:27 pm Hi Martyson,

I've just done what you suggested and it still doesn't work.
Just to verify.
Your original one monitor setup that was working is no longer working?
Best Regards,
Chazypax

Post by Chazypax »

Yes, I started with one monitor and it was working fine.

I then coupled up a second monitor to the HDMI port on my graphics card. I now have two screens running. P3D was working fine.

I turn on my PC today and try to load P3D and it loads the splash screen and then quits but still runs in the background.

I've taken away the HD monitor so I was left with the my 1 original one like you suggested, but it didn't solve it.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Chazypax wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:34 pm Yes, I started with one monitor and it was working fine.

I then coupled up a second monitor to the HDMI port on my graphics card. I now have two screens running. P3D was working fine.

I turn on my PC today and try to load P3D and it loads the splash screen and then quits but still runs in the background.

I've taken away the HD monitor so I was left with the my 1 original one like you suggested, but it didn't solve it.
Try the debugging steps:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Chazypax

Post by Chazypax »

I've tried those but doesn't work. There's no option to make P3D use your main GPU in Nvidia control panel.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Maybe an uninstall of P3D, download the current P3D version and reinstall with your original PC setup.
Best Regards,
Chazypax

Post by Chazypax »

I've re-ran the client installer and that's not fixed it. I don't want to really be uninstalling anything as that'll cause my addons not to work won't it?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Chazypax wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 11:36 pm I've re-ran the client installer and that's not fixed it. I don't want to really be uninstalling anything as that'll cause my addons not to work won't it?
Previously you said you did the debugging steps:
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

Step 5 in these steps should have removed addons.

Did you do step 5?

If not, uninstall add-ons then uninstall of P3D, download the current P3D version and reinstall with your original PC setup.

Edit:
Is this the same problem you reported in another post? :
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 22#p120022
Best Regards,
Chazypax

Post by Chazypax »

Remove addons... I've got lots of addons installed. If I'm going to do that I might as well re-install Windows.
MikeFlight

Post by MikeFlight »

Try a new install of FSUIPC. That helped with the same problem with me.

Regards, Michael
Poppet

Post by Poppet »

Hello Chazypax,

By completing step 5 in the General Debugging Steps you will bring Prepar3D back to a Default state again, This action will temporarily disconnect your Add On's.

Launch Prepar3D v3 and test and confirm the Issue is gone. You could then Introduce your Add On's back slowly whilst testing for the problem one.

==========

Read the bottom of this post (Try these) to see if this helps your situation
http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 95#p155213

==========

If Michael's suggestion above does not work you can also try the following.

Navigate to the below locations and Copy and Paste the Entries from both exe.xml and dll.xml files into your next post and we will have a look at them.

You will need to Insure the box is Ticked for Show hidden files, folders and drives to find these folder locations

Local Disk (C:) ► ProgramData ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 - exe.xml + dll.xml

Local Disk (C:) ► Users ► You ► AppData ► Roaming ► Lockheed Martin ► Prepar3D v3 - exe.xml + dll.xml
Mike Sierra

Post by Mike Sierra »

Chazypax wrote: Thu Mar 30, 2017 10:34 pm Yes, I started with one monitor and it was working fine.

Did you configure NVIdia Surround? If so, it is possible that P3D 'shows up' outside your desktop borders.
Try to disengage Surround and re-start P3D.
You might also try to change your desktop Resolution (after disassembling Surround).
When you start up P3D it should (after the while for the splash screen) appear as a task Icon in your task bar.
Clicking onto that Icon should (!) close your (invisible) P3D window. Clicking on it again should re-open the P3D window within the limits of your desktop.
Michael.
N 48°10' E 13°30' 496m
Austria, Europe
-vv-
ASUS ROG Maximus XI Formula, I9-9900KF, 8x 5,0GHz, Corsair Vengeance 32GB DDR4-4400, 2x ASUS ROG Strix GeForce GTX 1080 (SLI) @ 7680x1440, Win10prof64 on 1TB SSD, P3Dv5.3.7... on Samsung M.2 2TB, Saitek cockpit