[RESOLVED] FSUIPC ATC Menu options not working in P3D V3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
fabs79

[RESOLVED] FSUIPC ATC Menu options not working in P3D V3

Post by fabs79 »

Hi LM,

I have a self-made ATC panel with a button for bringing up the ATC Menu and 10 buttons for the ATC menu options 0-9. I assigned the buttons with FSUIPC which worked fine in P3D V2.5. After switching to V3; the only button working is the one that brings up the menu. All the menu option buttons are not working. Pete Dowson confirmed on his forum to another guy who had the same problem that the ATC menu option assignments via FSUPIC no longer work due to changes made in V3 and asked this to be reported on the LM forums, so that`s what I´m doing right now hoping that someone can look into it.

Best regards,

Fabian
Pete Dowson

Re: FSUIPC ATC Menu options not working in P3D V3

Post by Pete Dowson »

fabs79 wrote: I have a self-made ATC panel with a button for bringing up the ATC Menu and 10 buttons for the ATC menu options 0-9. I assigned the buttons with FSUIPC which worked fine in P3D V2.5. After switching to V3; the only button working is the one that brings up the menu.
Yes, I reported this directly to L-M too. To clarify the technicalities, it appears that the Key Events KEY_ATC_MENU_0 to KEY_ATC_MENU_9 are ignored in P3Dv3. The KEY_ATC event, to bring up the ATC menu or remove it still operates, but it is no longer possible to select items from the menu without using the mouse or keyboard.

Pete
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
issacsim

Post by issacsim »

Any updates in this, did LM confirmed this will get fixed?
Guenseli

Post by Guenseli »

Hello,
old post, but still not answered.

Any news here?

thanks
Vadermike

Post by Vadermike »

I am having this problem too. I hope LM fixes it soon, or at least provides a work-around for the time being.
Simu67

Post by Simu67 »

+1
P3D V5 HF1, 5930K @3,7 Ghz, 32 Go DDR3 3 3000, 1080Ti StrixOC 11Go, Asus 34'' 3440X1440, FSUIPC, AS16, ASCA, PTA, Goflight interface tool, GoFlight MCP-Pro and EFIS, Mobiflight (in progress) and Flight Illusion gauges. A lot of Orbx scenery add-ons.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Sorry you are experiencing issues. With the recent Scaleform update to the ATC system this functionality is no longer supported. The 0-9 keys are bound to activate menu options and we do support re-skinning of the ATC window using Flash by providing our ATC actionscript code in the SDK. We will look into ways to potentially support this again in the future but cannot guarantee a time frame for this as of now.
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
Pete Dowson

Post by Pete Dowson »

Rob McCarthy wrote:Sorry you are experiencing issues. With the recent Scaleform update to the ATC system this functionality is no longer supported. The 0-9 keys are bound to activate menu options and we do support re-skinning of the ATC window using Flash by providing our ATC actionscript code in the SDK. We will look into ways to potentially support this again in the future but cannot guarantee a time frame for this as of now.
This is very disappointing. Using the keypresses, even if sent from another program or across the network (as many would want to do if operating using a multi-PC cockpit setup) requires P3D to have keyboard focus at the time. It may well do usually, but folks do also run other programs with other windows alongside P3D on separate monitors, and focus can be an issue. This is why those Key Events have always been so important.

If you really aren't so interested in fixing this then it looks like yet another thing I'll need to do in FSUIPC -- intercepting those Events and trying to get the keypresses to P3D through the relevant Windows API.

Pete
My System

Win10: 22H2 build 19045.2728
Processor: I9 9900KS at 5.5GHz
Mobo: Maximus XI Extreme Z390
Memory: 32Gb at 3900 MHz.
GPU: RTX 24Gb Titan
Displays: 2 x 2160p projectors at 25Hz onto 200 FOV curved screen
P3D5 set with 2 windows using ViewGroups
Vadermike

Post by Vadermike »

Good news all.

There are a couple of workarounds. (since it appears LM is not interested in restoring the functionality of the atc_menu_x commands).

1. What I have been doing as a work around, is using the mode switch on my Saitek yoke, (other controllers may also have a similar feature) and program my buttons (in mode 3) to the numbers values of 1-6, to 6 different buttons, and use the red button as the "~" key, to bring up the atc window.

The disadvantage of this is that I have to switch from my regular yoke "mode 1" over to "mode 3" anytime I want to respond/request atc communications, and then switch back to mode 1 for my regular P3D programmed buttons that I use for normal flight. I also don't have enough buttons to assign for 7 to 10, but this is not so much of an issue for me as I rarely have had the need to use buttons higher than 6 for atc communications.

2. Option number 2, which I just learned from Tom Tsui over at FSXtimes, is that the SPAD.next registered version provides the functionality to program the FIP buttons as numeric keystroke values, allowing you to program "button 1" to return a value of "1", (as opposed to the atc_menu_2 command) I haven't personally tested this option yet, (as I don't have spad.next registered version, but I am informed that this option at least exists.

Although it is very unfortunate that we even had to implement workarounds at all. It would have been FAR better if LM didn't remove this functionality in V3 to begin with.
Darren Goldfarb

Post by Darren Goldfarb »

Hi All,

Support for the KEY_ATC_MENU key events has been added back for the next release. There will no longer be a need for workarounds.

Regards,

Darren