PMDG won't accept right clicks

Other problems or issues not covered by other troubleshooting topics.
logic28

PMDG won't accept right clicks

Post by logic28 »

Hi everyone,

My new P3D Sim is now up and running with a fresh hardware and saying bye to my old FSX and the beautiful PMDG 737 purchased some time ago.

But, before I proceed with the purchase of the newer P3D version of the 737NG I have to solve a potential problem.

I use touchscreen overhead panel for more immersion and training realism and it works fine in FSX, but when I tested the new system in P3D with the old 737NG , the "press & hold right click" was not responding so I am not able to invert switches like the retractable landing light or indeed any of the rotating knobs as they can only be moved to the left.
(I was surprised to see the Fsx version working in P3D anyway)

I have noticed though that all P3D aircrafts have a different approach to the cockpit moving parts;
they use the "grabbing hand" mode to pull or push (and possibly also rotate ?).

So If there is anyone out there using P3D with the genuine PMDG 800/900 (p3d version) could they be kind enough to confirm that all knobs and switches can be moved in any position with JUST the left click?

If so then my overhead panel would be fully functional as before.

That would answer my question and I would confidently purchase the PMDG-p3d version with no worries.

Many Thanks to you all in advance

Kind Regard

Mauro Andreini
capt_Cronic

Re: PMDG won't accept right clicks

Post by capt_Cronic »

I have it and all controls work fine, right/left click and scroll wheel.
logic28

Post by logic28 »

I have it and all controls work fine, right/left click and scroll wheel.
Thank you for the kind reply,
I was going to say GREAT ! but at second thought … I am also able to right click BUT ! only with the mouse.
It's the touch screen R. click that is not operational in all panels but only in P3D ….. it works fine in FSX.

I Guess I'll have to purchase it and hope for the best.
Thank you
capt_Cronic

Post by capt_Cronic »

the gauge.dll files in the fsx version are not fully compatable in p3d.
I cant advise on the touch screen as I dont have one.
logic28

Post by logic28 »

the gauge.dll files in the fsx version are not fully compatible in p3d.
I cant advise on the touch screen as I don't have one.
I have now tested the 737 P3D version with the same identical results.
In fact I should also mention that the 737 P3D version behaves worst in frame-rate too ! ! 10 to 15 frames slower !
I spoke about the touch gestures to PMDG , who at firs blamed P3D (possibly correct), then they said they were going to pass the message to the tech department for a future update, and finally they claim that PMDG does not support touchscreen, it was never intended to do so and they do not care either.

My feelings are that PMDG doesn’t have anything to do with supporting touch-screens, it is a Windows implementation that works on any screen (provided software developers don’t screw up), it just emulates the mouse gestures.
Carenado Bonanza in P3D instead has a different approach all together to the touchscreen and much better too, but I think it has been worked on with LM support since they offer the vehicle at no extra cost.
Now, that might be a proprietary implementation and therefore independent from the Windows one (at a guess).

But back to the issue why does FSX operate magnificently with the touchscreen overhead ?

It must be a "Blockage" within P3D itself then, perhaps en overlooked or untested point ?
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

Who sold you the touch-screen overhead for PMDG737 / P3D?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
logic28

Post by logic28 »

Who sold you the touch-screen overhead for PMDG737 / P3D?
It is not a specific touch screen but just an ordinary one.

It works a treat in FSX but somehow someting within P3D is preventing some of the Widows Touch Gestures from being recognised ………

Having said so, the P3D Carenado Bonanza works fine with the touchscreen.
There is obviously a clash between P3D, Windows and PMDG which again proves that they did not take all precautions during the testing of the softwares.
What’s new?… They all live it up us to spot the problems usually, and for that privilege we have to pay the money too ! !
It wouldn’t be too bad if they were ready to cooperate and accept our constructive comments but they don’t and in fact they retaliate instead.
Too bad … too sad ….