Yet again - flying houses and OOMs

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the Prepar3D client application.
Kosta

Post by Kosta »

Well, for me, the old problems are still here.

As I posted in another thread, the OOM is still here, even with the default sim, and it's mostly caused by reloading in another location or by switching through views, where tower view loads and gives the VAS another 1GB push.

Flying houses ditto. Happening mostly when flying fast.
pracines

Post by pracines »

I cannot wait for 64 Bit.

Paul
Win 10 Pro 64bit | ROG MAXIMUS XII HERO | i9 10850K |DDR4 3600MHZ G.SKILL TRIDENT Z NEO- 128GB | 1200W PLATINUM POWER SUPPLY | RTX 3090 |Samsung 970 evo plus 2TB NVME | 2nd M.2 Solid State 2TB | Seagate IRONWOLF PRO 8TB | DEEPCOOL CASTLE 240EX
Rob Ainscough

Post by Rob Ainscough »

I see the flying houses also ... but I don't think that was on the 2.1 fix list?

I haven't OOM'd yet, still trying to work thru a stutter problem where so far only way is to lock fps below lowest reading. VAS seems a little more consistent, BUT it seems the AutoGen radius got smaller (even at max)? It's now pretty obvious where the Autogen ends.
Rob Ainscough
leonardhobin

Post by leonardhobin »

64bit was the main reason i use x-plane primarily. and it would definitely help on this sim as well. but it would break all add on aircraft as hey would need to be recoded. carenado gave an interview to one of the sim sites no long ago and and was ask about this and he he state with x-plane it wasn't to bad because the sim calculates the physics and only changes to the model were for the hdr lighting and updates to a few of the custom scripts. and the way xplane was coded allowed legacy aircraft to work unless it it custom plugins which needed to be updated. but he cringes at the thought of converting aircraft for 64bit prepar 3d as it would be a lot more work because p3d physics and aircraft script is a completely different animal and every plane would need to be recoded from the ground up. as the code is very specific/proprietary and was coded with only 32 bit in mind. so i can see why itt'll be a while before we see a 64 bit version and when we do it would prob be longer before our favorite payware aircraft are converted over.
Syonco

Post by Syonco »

Can report that the OOM problem still persists (knew it wouldn't go completely away, but was hoping the 'improved memory managment' "fix" would somewhat alleviate the problem)

Disabled FTX Global, FS Global Ultimate - using nothing but stock P3DV2 content, and it's crashing every now and then. Have yet to see the flying houses, lol.

Autogen -> Dense

Shadows -> Low

Rest -> Normal / High

i7 3770k @4.2Ghz

7970 Toxic 6GB

12GB DDR3 1600Mhz
Kosta

Post by Kosta »

Quote:
Quote from robains on February 12, 2014, 15:50

I see the flying houses also ... but I don't think that was on the 2.1 fix list?

I haven't OOM'd yet, still trying to work thru a stutter problem where so far only way is to lock fps below lowest reading. VAS seems a little more consistent, BUT it seems the AutoGen radius got smaller (even at max)? It's now pretty obvious where the Autogen ends.

I don't know, but don't I remember reading somewhere that they were working on it, or even fixed it? It's not on the fixed list however... kinda annoying, as it really kills the action.

Radius: Indeed. I didn't measure, but it also seems smaller, just by the feeling. In some cases the autogen is smoothly coming up, and in some situations it batches in whole patches. And this is connected to my problem with blurry textures too.
Japo32

Post by Japo32 »

Hoped to see if I could fly in the PNW area. Just loaded in KSEA the default plane and saw the remaining free VAS memory. It was 500mb from my full 4gb (I have 16gb ram)possible to use. Of course after taking off crash to desktop.

Just tested the same flight in FSX. Same scenary (they are shared. Same files, same graphical configuration). More fps (14fps in Prepar3D v2.1, 30fps in FSX).. and started the flight taking off with 1.7gb Vram free.... of course wasn't any crash to desktop

I know the addom may be the culpit, but as other users says.. it seems with default they have OOM issues.

Back to FSX again for now.
clinteckhardt

Post by clinteckhardt »

I never had an OOM issue with P3D v1.4 or 2.0... Patched to 2.1, changed no settings, and now I OOM nearly every flight.
ncp10

Post by ncp10 »

Quote:
Quote from robains on February 12, 2014, 15:50

I see this already in 2.0 and felt it was an odd algorithm to follow for displaying autogen. I can see the density being relatively consistent until you get out to the maximum LOD at which point you use progressive thinning. These seems so basic I don't understand what they would make a discreet radius this is very crude it would seem. I think I'll stick w/ 2.0 and be happy as it's working just fine.
ncp10

Post by ncp10 »

Quote:
Quote from clinteckhardt on February 13, 2014, 00:44

I never had an OOM issue with P3D v1.4 or 2.0... Patched to 2.1, changed no settings, and now I OOM nearly every flight.

Ouch why is this? Is the patch basically so buggy it's not worth the install?
DodgeZA

Post by DodgeZA »

Unfortunately I have the same issue. Flying Houses (Oklahoma?) and OOMs right off the appron almost every time at every airport - Running Stock Aircraft, FTX Global & Vector. However I do get solid solid solid frame rates about 40FPS and above all the time with all the sliders to the right including shadows but not traffic. Its a pity putting sliders to the right causes the OOMs, they shouldn't go that far if the app can't deal with the VAS requirements.

My personal opinion is that 64bit cannot come soon enough, they need to go the route of X-plane with dual executables I'd think but with the current state of OOMs its essential.

Thanks for the hard work LM, the future needs to come sooner I think.
pmb

Post by pmb »

Hi,

I get OOMs continually after installing the patch, now. I ran ProcessExplorer besides P3D2 to observe VAS usage continually growing on a short flight from Dublin to Gormanston in IRL ORBX from around 2.5 GB to 4 GB. First I made the flight in the Alabeo Cutlass, next in the LM C150, with essentially the same result.

I only installed Addons being said compatible to Prepar3d2, i.e. ORBX IRL, NIR, AUS, Global, Pilot's Ultimate Mesh, a bunch of FSDreamteam Airports, Simaddon Airports (P3D2 versions), FSUIPC, the Cutlass, I think that's it, nothing using the Migration Tool. I should add I use the Saitek Panels (using SPAD drivers) + 9 FIPs, but did this before in 2.0 and 1.4. Of course, it's still possible one of the Addons being responsible, I'll make more investigations as time permits.

I've to add I got VERY rarely OOMs in 2.0.

Kind regards, Michael
Prepar3d4+5 Pro // Intel i7-6700K 4.0 GHz / Asus MAXIMUS VIII RANGER / Kingston 32 GB DDR4 / Samsung2 SSD 500 GB + SSD 1 TB + WD HD 6 TB / EVGA GTX 1080 Ti 11 GB / LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440 / HP Reverb / Win 10/64
aviator52

Post by aviator52 »

Hello All,

I thought it was my rig causing the OOM's dilemma. I have tried what I know, and read about tweaks and settings on the forums, and still I am getting OOM's. Default aircraft with bare P3DV2.1, loads, then within 1 min BAM, OOM. Even after new patch, still the same. I appreciate all the hard work the team has done for us Airheads. But for me, I am going to have to return to FSX until this issue perhaps may get sorted. If I cannot have all the bling with my sim, then all the money I have spent was for nothing.

Surely some one may have an answer.

regards

Sam

kikigey89

Post by kikigey89 »

Have now OOMs, too. With v2.0 I had no OOMs. Up to now the OOMs occurred after around 3 hours.

I followed the instructions and deleted the four user folders before patching so I had fresh user files. After patching I set the same settings as for v2.0. The only difference is that http://www.venetubo.com/fsx.html seems to be down now and I could not use that tool as for v2.0.
colang

Post by colang »

In this way I guess the add-on installation was messed up.

If you deleted the indicated directory, the patch should have done a reinstallation, but in this way maybe it overwrited the terrain.cfg and autogen files.

If you copy back the scenery.cfg file you can see the sceneries in the library, but they are not fully installed.

Each time the software looks for a library or a landclass and don't find the entry in terrain.cfg or don't find the matching texture it waste memory.

So if you acted as written in last post, it's pretty probable you have an heavy "VAS leaking" as soon as you use a not fully reisntalled scenery.