Scenery update for Dubai (OMDB) - P3D

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
dynamania

Scenery update for Dubai (OMDB) - P3D

Postby dynamania » Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:14 am

Hi All,

This is just a FREE scenery without advanced textures. Native P3D objects used, with the exception for the Ground Marking and the Concourse-D terminal, that are done using Google Sketchup. Looks basic, but accurate, and it works.

The default scenery in P3D is over 11 years old, and the available updates are not so accurate, so I've taken it upon myself to get this done.

This is downloadable from the AVSIM library:

http://library.avsim.net/esearch.php?DLID=195938

This scenery is done using the Airport Design Editor and is based on Google maps and the FlyTampa base AFCAD (default FSX/P3D AFCAD). Every Runway, Gate and taxiway is right on the actual spot with a very small error margin. The new Concourse-D terminal for airlines other than Emirates is now added, with a basic terminal building design using Google Sketchup for better visuals.

So, What's changed from default?
- The new Concourse-D terminal east of the existing Terminal 1. Terminal replaces the old Emirates Sky Cargo terminal, and servers all other visiting airlines.
- Apron Q used by FlyDubai is added.
- Extra runway rapid exits added.
- Extra parking gates in the C apron according to the latest charts.
- Extra Taxiways connecting to the runways according to the charts.
- Ground marking for Gates and taxiways! (A, B, C, D and F aprons).
- Placed FSX/P3d default Dubai scenery objects to add a little bit of life around the airport and the city.

I haven't added neither any of the new G stands, not the S parking stands. I will do that in a following update.

Appreciate positive comments and critique!

Return to “Development Showcase”