Method to update Navigation Data on Prepar3D

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
sausalito

Method to update Navigation Data on Prepar3D

Postby sausalito » Sun Nov 15, 2015 10:24 am

Hello all,
I have been working lately on a solution to update the Navigation Data on Prepar3D to today's status while at the same time having the possibility to upgrade it on each AIRAC cycle.

I have almost finished some algorithms to automatize the conversion of Navigation source data to Flight Simulator specific format. So far haven't found any roadbocks during the testing on P3D, but it still needs intensive testing ,due to the massive number of airports / approaches / routes that are involved. Bear in mind, we are talking about 6,500 airports and aprox 80,000 approaches/arrivals/departures.

The final user will need licensed data from Navigraph in order to update to latest cycle. It will update instrument approaches, SIDs, STARs, Navaids, Waypoints, Low and High Enroute Airways. Prepar3D already includes an updated GPS that can follow SIDs and STARs, so it's a great that it can be finally used.

My idea is to bring the product to the market, but first, need some feedback from the forum, and specially some beta testers that can perform approaches and flight on as many diverse airports as possible.
I would appreciate, any testers with interest and time, drop me a PM stating your interest and main flying area.
Any questions I could answer in this thread, let me know.

Some scrennshoots of the results:

Northeast China (Tianjin) - Default P3D
After update:

Jose

sausalito

Re: Method to update Navigation Data on Prepar3D

Postby sausalito » Thu Nov 26, 2015 12:54 pm

The web with the product showcase is ready. Product is named fsAerodata and will be available in December 2015.
More info about its capabilities, on the FAQs section:

http://www.fsaerodata.com

Regards,

kevinfirth

Postby kevinfirth » Sat Dec 19, 2015 6:41 pm

Hi, any more news on this please as we approach the end of december? :)

WarpD

Postby WarpD » Sat Dec 19, 2015 9:46 pm

Might want to read the FAQs on that website... very, very carefully.
Ed Wilson
Senior Developer
Mindstar Aviation

kevinfirth

Postby kevinfirth » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:15 pm

Thanks Ed I have done.
Having redone the uk airspace definitions I'm somewhat conversant with the file structure and how airspace and routes etc are defined. I think on the vasis of whats been provided so far its workable (not easily mind), but still doable. I'm happy to help the author with a little testing as well if he still needs that, because a) Im curious ; and b) I'd like to see it work!
Cheers k

sausalito

Postby sausalito » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:41 pm

The installation tool took more than expected, but now is finished (I'm not a programmer though). The last AIRAC 1513 is ready and tested and the user manual still needs some more days. Pending is some additional beta testing and the final installer.
Keving, I'm sending to you a private
Cheers,

sausalito

Postby sausalito » Sat Dec 19, 2015 10:58 pm

One comment from previous days testing with the updated database. I realized that the ATC will show in the selection menu -when performing an ILS- the updated approaches and transitions. Don't know yet how accurate it will follow them, but they can be selected at least.

kcpilot

Postby kcpilot » Mon Jun 06, 2016 11:30 am

Jose,

As I was doing some research in relation to this as I want to extend functionabiliy of the default G1000 to operate from Navigraph as well, I came across this and would love to help testing. Do you have an available download that you can PM me? I've got a couple other questions related to development as well. Look forward to hearing back and potentially testing this out!

sausalito

Re: Method to update Navigation Data on Prepar3D - Released

Postby sausalito » Thu Nov 10, 2016 1:45 pm

fsAerodata is released, matching latest AIRAC cycle 1612. More info and purchase options at http://www.fsaerodata.com
The tool updates charts, approaches, SIDs, STARs, airways, intersections, navdata, runway designators,... according real world data.

kevinfirth

Postby kevinfirth » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:41 pm

Do have a look at this, I've helped test this a little and it's the first time I've seen anyone make a good attempt at updating all this stuff. Don't fancy flying with 2006 (or earlier data?) Now you don't have to :)

Jose, there's a couple of spelling errors on your website (nothing much)....
https://www.fsaerodata.com/features

Return to “Development Showcase”