I'm happy to announce FlyInside Beta 0.3, which adds Oculus Rift DK2 support for Prepar3D 3.0.
Download it here: https://flyinside-fsx.com/
Short YouTube video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?t=34&v=lu95B6ztYRE
So, Prepar3D 3.0 officially adds Oculus Rift DK2 support. Why do you want FlyInside P3D when Prepar3D already has Oculus Rift support?
- FlyInside is 0.7 Direct Mode compatible. Prepar3D appears to only support extended mode out of the box.
- FlyInside uses asynchronous timewarp, meaning a much smoother experience, especially at normal simulator FPS. Without asynchronous timewarp, you get judder any time FPS is < 75
- FlyInside allows you to render at 4k resolution (by default, I believe Prepar3D 3.0 renders at the Rift's 1920x1080 resolution). Using FlyInside to run Prepar3D at 4k results in a much clearer image.
- FlyInside has in-desktop virtual cockpit. Use the ATC window, browse the web, read charts, and more, all without taking off your Rift.
- FlyInside has Leap Motion integration. Manipulate windows, press cockpit buttons using your hands in 3d space.