What’s New

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
musterpilot

Re: What’s New

Post by musterpilot »

Patience guys I think we will get a update this year 2023 maybe 5.5 or V6 you never know
MB Gigabyte Aorus Z690 master CPU i7 12700K @4.6ghz GPU Gigabyte RTX 3080ti Memory 32ghz Corsair DDR5 Vengeance 5200mhz Cooler Noctua NH-D15 with 2 fans Power Supply Corsair HX1000 Case Thremaltake level 20xt Windows 11 64 bit
High Iron

Post by High Iron »

Commercial industry still wants and demands the best the simulation industry can provide. This view that a "product only has to serve the principles of concept is good enough" is not true. Just like the gaming industry they keep up with the times and this includes realism and visuals. If this was not the case airline simulators would still be the same as the ones built in the 70's and they certainly are not. As a former Flight Instructor our company focused on the best available representation of flight. Nothing was "too real" or "over the top" unnecessary. I stopped using P3D and flight simulation all together about 2 years ago as my computer was getting long in the tooth and couldn't handle it well. I'm looking at getting back into it and I have no intentions of migrating to MSFS. To be honest most of the "new" material being made is stuff converted from P3D to MSFS. I trust L.M. will be coming along with something. Till then, I will stick with it. I will have a smile on my face when L.M. releases a product that gives MSFS a run for its money if not blow it out of the water.
I need a simulation that gives me a immersive representation of flight, not just flashy visuals and can run on a XBox...

Cheers
Olsby

Post by Olsby »

I don't know what I feel about the unreal engine, it looks pretty in some cases but has evidently fallen short as a simulation engine, but maybe LM can make it work.. or maybe Unreal 5 will be different.
Right now I'm quite happy with P3D, it's a great simulator and has a plethora of compatible addons.
I have used x-plane, latest purchase was x-plane 12, and boy do I regret it; I have used FSX:SE and Aerofly FS2 and FS4, but I keep coming back to P3D, though Aerofly FS4 is actually pretty nice, but it lacks content.

Considering the age of my pc I will most likely continue to use P3D5 until it dies ( the pc that is ) since it performs quite good on my pc even with high settings, it's stable and has consistent performance almost everywhere.