FlightControlReplay v4.5 for P3D v1 - v5.X - APRIL Update

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
FlightOnFly

Re: FlightControlReplay v4.5 for P3D v1 - v5.X - APRIL Update

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello,

Since the beginning of FlightControlReplay adventure, I have in mind the users experience because I am also a flightsimmer. I wanted to design the Record and Replay tool with features that I would like to have for my own use. Of course, with the release to the public, the users feedback, the new updates and even more users comments, there are even more suggestions and requests that feed my inspiration. Thanks you guys !

Still in the users interaction topic, I feel now that it's more important to try to enhance the tool usage, its look, its usability. There are already a good bunch of features included, that may be enhanced even a bit further, and new ideas to implement as well. So, beside the tool technology, I feel that my works will also look into the usability, to find the actions more naturally even if you are a new user. That's my mood currently !
FlightControlReplay Developer
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hi !

Back to basics. Flight Control Replay has lots of features yes, but first of all, it's a powerful tool to record and replay, that's exactly what you want to enjoy your flight situation after a landing. That's what most simmers are looking for from such utility software.

You just click on the Record button and there you go.
And if you want to Replay your current flight that you have just finished, click Stop. And Play to watch your last flight from all the default camera views of your simulator.

Of course, you can enjoy it with the most popular airliners : PMDG, Fenix, Maddog. They are already compatible. Nice !
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello,

In order to complete the basics that I mentioned last week, FlightControlReplay can also, for example, automatize when to start the recorded flight.

The start point of the recorded flight can be defined by the user : triggered by an altitutde setting, or a timer after take-off.

You can also choose the sample rate to record a flight (6 times per second, 1 time per second, Custom Visual Frame per second, every 4 seconds and Automatic). The option FPS (Frame per second allows) to choose the speed value for recording/playing a situation! The User can set directly his preferred FPS number.

To trigger the start of the recording by a determinated altitude, set an altitude value in FCR options to make the system start recording above or below the desired altitude. At the beginning of the session, the User MUST press the Record Button from the User Interface. After that, the system correctly manages when to start the actual recording.
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello,

One of the interest in the flight replay, is to enjoy your flight from another point of view than the pilot view. You can change the camera with FlightControlReplay. I can give more details below.

Manual procedure
During Replay, click anytime on the Yellow Slider timeline. Choose among the available cameras for between the categories Cockpit / External / Showcase. All MSFS default cameras are available for your selection. Only your custom cameras you may have set yourself are not supported.

Automatic Change Camera procedure
You can also get a helping hand from FCR tool. Load a Replay in FCR. When you want an automatic change camera on the frame of your choice, click now on the current position of the Yellow Slider timeline and click on the pencil. In the Camera Change options window, set a keyboard shortcut for that function. And select a Camera among the categories Cockpit / External / Showcase.
Now restart the Replay.
At the exact frame that you chose previously, FCR will trigger your keyboard shortcut. This action will automatically call and activate the cockpit camera, smartcam or other default MSFS camera at this chosen frame. Without any other action from you, just seat back and enjoy the show.
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello,

The current tests of the new update for FlightControlReplay are running very well, it's only a matter of a few days before I make it public to everybody. It has been made for the full support of PMDG and Fenix airliners in MSFS.

I have a special hint for beginners in the video edition and it works in all supported simulators by my tool. FlightControlReplay can help you to display dynamic texts during Replay, and it will be included in your final MP4 video directly rendered by FCR.

You can write Notes at any point in a Replay Flight loaded in FCR using Dynamic Text buttons that appears below the Yellow time slider. You will be able to pause the recorded flight at a custom point in the timeline and to click DynamicText Edit button or Delete button. The User can add, modify or delete notes. These Notes will be visible in FCR User Interface, and also in the simulator that replays the flight. Dynamic Text can be customized via FCR Option dialog box to show the duration in seconds, to edit the font and color of the text.
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello,

Little behind-the-scene post, so you have a glimpse of the time and work process I have gone through during the last weeks before the release of my last update for FlightControlReplay with the accurate animations reproduction of PMDG and Fenix airliners in MSFS.

When you want to retrieve information from advanced airliners programmed with thousands of lines of code, there are different manners, different ways to catch them. And each method needs its investigation time, its time to initiate the draft, tests, and corrections.

After that, the party has started : the code needs to be completed to reach all targets, with surroundings, with potential issues identified and fixed.

In a programming project, never under estimate the external issues that you will try to avoid or eliminate. For this case, I could not ensure that all hardware, all flight controls units of the market, would work flawlessly with the advanced animations of complex airliners. I just don’t own them all, of course, but my Beta testers team enlarge the scope clearly.

All these different steps didn’t even include the final stage of wrapping the build, and the necessary work of explaining and communicating about the update content to the users community.

Maybe such post details a bit more the quite long process before you actually get your gear and flaps actually working in a replay of MSFS when the aircraft add-on is among the most realistic available designed upon custom code.