FlightControlReplay v4.5 for P3D v1 - v5.X - APRIL Update

Forum for Prepar3D Developers to show off their work or post about their add-ons or content created for Prepar3D
FlightOnFly

Re: FlightControlReplay v4.5 for P3D v1 - v5.X - APRIL Update

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hi,

FlightControlReplay has a lot more to offer than just a simple Record and Replay when you finish the flight.

During the flight, at any time even before you want to end it, you can use Instant Replay feature and resume the flight at the exact frame that you select.

FlightControlReplay is also perfectly compatible with VR devices, and its user interface can be displayed and controlled in your environment.

Flying in a multiplayer session ? No problem for FlightControlReplay, all features are accessible flawlessly.

Select the camera of your choice, edit the altitude, your gear status in-replay !

For the widest possibilities and demanding creativity, go with FlightControlReplay.
FlightControlReplay Developer
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

The convenient tool to Record and Replay flight situations, FlightControlReplay (FCR) is compatible with MSFS, P3D5 – 1 and FSX, and it will receive soon new and advanced features

Following the release of Sim Update VII for Microsoft Flight Simulator, FlightControlReplay confirms to all registered customers that it’s already compatible with the latest version of the simulator v1.21.13.0.

For new users of MSFS, you can enjoy all the best from FlightControlReplay with Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year (GOTY) Edition out of the box.

• AI Aircraft Switch View
• VR Headsets Support
• Automatic Camera Change
• Enforce Aircraft Gear Status
• Altitude Offset correction

Note about VR Support with FCR

Thanks to the support of VR devices in MSFS, the use of your equipment along FlightControlReplay is completely flawless : run FlightControlReplay in the 3D cockpit with full user interface in VR and the display of a floating window. You can use classic mouse controls, or key shortcuts mapping with keyboard, or FlightControlReplay Voice Recognition. It’s also available for Windows Mixed Reality Headset.

Next Update In-Development news

The current works for the next FREE update will bring advanced and new features about the Camera management, for both MSFS and Prepar3D.

A Camera Recording Manager will be added into FlightControlReplay, to enable to save the camera movements and to replay them, indepently from the aircraft situation. For example in the future, Replay the flight in one instance of FCR, and in another one, Replay the Camera Movements.

Another area of development is the Camera settings override, that we’ll be able to control directly from FCR with your shortcuts. This means also that you will have the opportunity to manage all camera controls and key shortcuts in a handy and quick manner.

We’ll introduce each features with more in-depth details soon when they are ready for release, as a FREE update.
FlightOnFly

Re: FlightControlReplay v4.5 for P3D v1 - v5.X - AUTUMN Update

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hi everybody,

Things are moving fast lately in the development progress of Camera Manager Update for FlightControlReplay.

The Beta team has even started the tests of Camera Manager Update.

It will bring new features to Record, Replay and even Control Camera movements in MSFS, and I can now confirm that it works also in P3D.

FCR will master the Camera, by allowing you to map key shortcuts to Camera movements that will override the default ones from the simulator.
And now the best part, FCR can Record and Replay the Camera movements independently from the aircraft flight situation. These movements can be replayed at the same time than you Replay the flight, and they can be also applied to any other flight situation Replay for example.

All details soon when it's ready for public release, as a FREE update AGAIN.
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello,

Before next weekend, all FlightControlReplay users will be able to take advantage of Camera Manager Update - the new and free set of features
- with Camera movements Record and Replay in one hand, (for MSFS and P3D)
- and in the other hand for MSFS, you'll be able to set your shortcuts of all Camera controls directly in FCR options menu : quick, easy, clear ! Setting your key shortcuts here, will override the MSFS controls.

MSFS has a long list of controls, with near to endless selection windows. The goal here is to focus on the most used and simple camera controls, in a single window (our option menu). 12 camera controls visible at once and ready for key assignment !

FlightControlReplay sponsored this weekend online meeting with FlightBeam, FSelite, Laminar Research and others :
the FSelite and FS Association Year-End Cross-Community Panel

Watch the Replay by clicking here https://youtu.be/cRVel6q4PVY?t=1835
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Camera Manager Update released !

Another FREE set of new features is available to all registered users of FlightControlReplay.

1. CAMERA MOVEMENTS (available in MSFS and P3D)
It’s made to add new features including Record and Replay the camera movements, independently from the aircraft flight situation.

Use the Options Menu to make your choice :

You can either record the usual aircraft flight, as you have always done
OR You can record at once the usual aircraft flight AND the camera movements at once in the same and unique flight situation file.
OR you can prefer to record ONLY the camera movements, in its respective FCR file.
For example, you can use this new feature to work an advanced camera path, impressive camera effects, in order to apply them to several and different flight situation Replays, to replicate these camera moves in multiple videos.

2. CAMERA CONTROLS OVERRIDE (MSFS only)
To complete the above features, you may need easy and quick controls of the camera in MSFS. That’s why the main camera controls can be set through the simple and clear interface of FlightControlReplay ! You will be able to set your shortcuts of all Camera controls directly in FCR Options Menu ! Setting your key shortcuts here, will override the MSFS controls.

MSFS has a long list of controls, with near to endless selection windows. The goal here is to focus on the most used and simple camera controls, in a single window (our option menu). 12 camera controls visible at once are ready for key assignment ! For Prepar3D users, we still rely on the default settings controls of the sim.

Introduction to existing features with our Official Trailer by AviationLads

FlightControlReplay is already compatible with the latest versions of the simulators, Microsoft Flight Simulator Game of the Year v1.21.13.0 as well as Lockheed Martin Prepar3D v5.3 hotfix 1.

Download the new installer build from your simMarket customer account, uninstall the existing version and run the new setup.

Have fun and happy celebrations for this end of year !
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello everybody, and receive my best wishes for the New Year 2022 !

Today I'll dig a bit more the topic on the Camera Recording Manager feature introduced by the latest Big and Free update to FlightControlReplay.

This new system works both in MSFS and P3D.

For example, you can use this new feature to work an advanced camera path, impressive camera effects, in order to apply them to several and different flight situation Replays, to replicate these camera moves in multiple videos.

Note : In MSFS, it is mandatory to use FlightControlReplay camera control shortcuts (Options Menu) to be able to Record and Replay the camera path. In P3D, camera controls use the default sim keys.

How does it work ?

1. In Options, select the mode ONLY CAMERA MOVEMENTS.
2. In the main User Interface, press Record and select the name and destination file (*.FCR format file, just like a flight situation)
3. Move the camera according to your wish during the Record session.
4. Save your Record by clicking the Stop button
5. Now launch a second instance of FlightControlReplay, and load here a standard Flight Situation Replay with a separate FCR file.
6. - in the first instance of FCR, Load and Replay the initial FCR file dedicated to Camera Movements only.
- in the second instance of FCR, Replay the Airplane flight situation that you just loaded
7. Use this process to replicate your Camera Movements in any flight situation Replay of your choice
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hi,

The French magazine specialized in the PC simulation "Micro Simulateur" reviewed FlightControlReplay in their last issue number 336 for January 2022.

For French speaking readers, there's also an interview to talk about the history of the making of the tool...and its future !

I'm proud that this famous and longtime press got interested in my tool and that they found it "easy to use". They also appreciated the "camera management", and wish that something similar could exist for X-Plane.

It's like my regular visits into the flightsimming forum : talking with the press is another way to reach and enrich our community. As developers, the tasks list in our workshop needs your feedback, user reports and suggestions to make us better. In return, we hope our solutions can help you with more entertainment.

Let's hope that 2022 brings innovation at least as much as 2020 and 2021 did !
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello everybody,

In the last Camera Manager update of my tool FlightControlReplay, I mentioned that the second item added was the Camera Controls Override (for MSFS only).

To achieve the correct Camera movements recording, and also to offer an easy way to create advanced camera effects and complex path, it was necessary to center in one place the different camera controls shortcuts that can be separated in the default and long MSFS settings window.

That's why in FCR user interface, in the Options, you will find the camera shortcuts area where you can set all these movements shortcuts at once. As usual and because of MSFS limitations, only one key can be set here for each function. Combination of two keys or more are not supported. All keys set here will override the MSFS camera controls, so you don't have to worry about any trouble.

For Prepar3D users, we still rely on the settings set through the default simulator controls menu.
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hi,

A fresh update v2201.12 is online and it's ready for download.

I sent it this week, so if you haven't subscribed to simMarket update notification by e-mail, please go to your simMarket account to download the new setup.

Uninstall first your current version of FlightControlReplay, and run the new build !

So, what is the content of this new update :
- FBW A320 flaps and spoiler Play
- Instant Replay Re-Live introduce Re-Live Play : User is able to go back and replay last minutes of a portion of flight
- Instant Replay Re-Live minor bugs
- Performance fixes in Camera Manager
- Minor UX bugs

And I picked a P3D flight video on YouTube and made with the help of FlightControlReplay. Enjoy the show abnd click on the pic below.

John Solomon
PMDG 747-400 - Kai Tak Approach IGS 13 | P3D5 | HD 1440p

FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello,

After several big updates, new loads of functions, the following summury packs up the main features that brings FlightControlReplay :

- Replay : instantaneous, easy, and take control at the time of your choice
- Record : direct MP4 file encoding, smooth, animated parts, custom support of advanced airliners add-ons
- AI Traffic : detect, chase, cycle view, record and replay them ! 
- Formation Flying : PlayAsAI feature simulates close flight with AI buddies
- Auto Change Camera : Call and activate any default view of the simulator 
- Voice Control with speech recognition for FCR features
- VR headsets support and FCR user interface accessible
- KML File import : replay the flight (i.e. import the track of an airliner from Flightaware)
and of course
- Camera movements recorder
- Camera controls shortcuts directly set in FCR 

This is not exhaustive : more features are detailed on my official website, on the store, including the other hardware and software supported or integrated with FCR.
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello !

Did you know that FlightControlReplay support voice recognition ? Give instructions naturally speaking to your computer and control all record and replay features. Start record, Play, Forward, Backward and more, it's easy and handy.

Did you know that FlightControlReplay support also Virtual Reality ? From your 3D cockpit in full VR with your dedicated VR device, you can display FlightControlReplay interface and interact with it without leaving your helmet. Just us the mouse, or key mapping shortcuts, or even the Voice Recognition as explained above.

For more tips and tricks about the most complete tool for your videos production and entertainment, stay tuned and come back here regularly !
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hello,

Let me share with you our little presence in the latest issue March/April 2022 of PC Pilot Magazine who writes about our Camera Manager feature for FlightControlReplay.

For the full magazine (about MSFS Goty Edition, Reno Air Races add-on, Hawk T1/A Trainer and more, visit https://www.key.aero/pcpilot and look for the following cover page

I feel like FlightControlReplay V4.5 is now stable and complete as best as possible, and I look forward new ideas, new features that will - I hope - meet other expectations and enhance your entertainment even further. My target has always been to bring smart tools with my programming knowledge to the flightsim community. As a virtual pilot myself, I can guess easier what can be useful or joyful for other simmers like me. Bear with me in the coming months for more cool stuff !
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hi everybody,

Today, I have 2 tips for you as users of FlightControlReplay.

1. Replay is fun to watch how you performed the last flight sequence. But Replay is also the way to fix your error a few seconds ago.
- Make sure that Re-Live Instant Replay is activated (Circle Arrow in GREEN).
- Drag the yellow time slider back to the time that you want to get back to
- Click stop button to resume the flight.

2. Always On Top overlay option
You don't have to always switch between windows to find again the interface of FlightControlReplay when you move from the simualtor to FCR, or another active window.
Go the Options Menu, and look in the right area : tick the box beside the option "FlightControlReplay Always on top window". Now it's always displayed and accessible, even when you use the simulator in full screen.
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hi,

Since the beginning of FlightControlReplay, one of my first goal has always remained that the rendered video must be as smooth as possible, right out of the box. This excludes the video processing in another separate tool.

That’s why I had to write the custom code of FlightControlReplay for video performance in one hand and with the accuracy in the aircraft data collect process in the other hand.

When you ask FlightControlReplay to create directly a MP4 compressed video of your flight that you are replaying or recording, the render is made possible by my custom frame by frame technology, whatever the framerate you had in the sim. I’m collecting the data from the heart of the sim, I’m not just reading the video and pixels displayed on your screen.

I hope that it helps to understand what’s the philosophy (and the necessary hard work to program) behind such software that required months and years of development.

It’s nice to see that the conclusion of this whole stuff allows many content creators to produce impressive videos featuring our super hobby : flight simulation !
FlightOnFly

Post by FlightOnFly »

Hi !

More and more aerobatic capable aircraft have been released for MSFS. You could build up your entertainment by watching a flying formation of various aircraft perfomring the same maneuver at the same time.

That's what PlayASAI feature can do. It's integrated with FlightControlReplay, and you can generate up to 5 AI aircraft during Replay with just one instance of the tool. You can multiplicate them with more instances open of FlightControlReplay if you need. Why not 10 ? 15 aircraft at once ?!

Like many of you, I also appreciate the Electronic Flight Bag since we want to gather many information when we prepare a serious flight on our simulators : weather, NOTAMs, SID/STAR, route, fuel prediction, weights abd fuel balance sheets, and so on. The EFB is a handy tool to retrieve and store all these info in one place.

That's why I contacted XMapsy author and managed an agreement to make it directly compatible with FlightControlReplay. For example, the KML file exported from this EFB connector will be directly imported at once into FlightControlReplay, ready for Replay or Record. That's fast and easy !