My project TEPv2.1 - Global ground textures

Forum for Prepar3D users to share screenshots they have taken of Prepar3D.
Aime

My project TEPv2.1 - Global ground textures

Post by Aime »

Terra Emergence project is freeware - Ground textures replacement for natural zones (no cities no village no cultures, just nature).
All the world, all seasons, Global Orbx compatible.
XML Add-on install.

Download link (2Gb) : https://drive.google.com/file/d/1QJqyDu ... sp=sharing

Playlist : https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=P ... yndVuwbRJw

Friendly, Aimé
W10 Prol 64-bit/ Giga X570 AORUS PRO/ Ryzen 9 3900X/ 16GB/ RTX2060/ SyncMaster B2430L/ SyncMaster 2333SW/ LG ULTRAWIDE/ Flight Yoke System/ Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals/ Bravo Throttle Quadrant/ Trackir3
JorgenSA

Re: My project TEPv2.1 - Global ground textures

Post by JorgenSA »

Aimé,

I tried to install this according to your instructions under the Documents folder, but on starting P3D I am not asked if I want to activate TEP, and I don't see any changes in the ground textures. I do have ORBX OpenLC installed.

Maybe because my P3D is located in H:\P3D V5?

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Aime

Post by Aime »

Hi, Sorry for the late, I did'n receive a notification.

My P3D is on my drive G:
I have also Orbx global

P3D don't find you install : TEP must be in C:/My documents/Prepar3D v5 Add-ons like this

c:Documents/
......Prepar3D v5 Add-ons/
..........TEP/
.............TEP_V2/
.............add-on.xml

If you move the folder TEP_V2 you must edit the add-on.xml with notepad and give the full path of the new location : the folder TEP with the file add-on.xml MUST stay in Documents/Prepar3d v5 Add-ons folder.

Regards
Aimé
W10 Prol 64-bit/ Giga X570 AORUS PRO/ Ryzen 9 3900X/ 16GB/ RTX2060/ SyncMaster B2430L/ SyncMaster 2333SW/ LG ULTRAWIDE/ Flight Yoke System/ Saitek Pro Flight Switch Panel/ Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals/ Bravo Throttle Quadrant/ Trackir3
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

That location is exactly where I have it.

But - one maybe stupid question: shouldn't the .agn and .bmp files be in a subfolder called "texture" under TEP_V2, so the structure looks like this:

C:\Documents\
....Prepar3D v5 Add-ons\
........TEP\
............TEP_V2\
................texture
............add-on.xml

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

I don't know what was wrong before, but P3D picked TEP up just now.

I am looking forward to seeing your textures!

Jorgen

Aime

Post by Aime »

JorgenSA wrote: Mon Mar 27, 2023 1:58 pm I don't know what was wrong before, but P3D picked TEP up just now.

I am looking forward to seeing your textures!

Jorgen
Nice, have fun with TEP.
omkordes

Post by omkordes »

I love this beautiful natural setting.
shermank

Post by shermank »

Bonjour Aime,

Your work is very impressive and I offer a big thank you. I am still exploring and to be honest, while I am very pleased, I would like to know if there is a special procedure to remove them and revert back to the ORBX LCs.

I used Lorby to install them, but even though it appears the procedure went well, TEP does not show up among the xml textures. At the same time, several of the ORBX elevation stubs show in Purple, indicating they are not installed where ORBX inserted them.

So, I am curious about that and should I decide to remove TEP ,what procedure would you recommend.
Merci and thank you.

Sherm
Alti

Post by Alti »

Thank You for V2.1 ! thats great work.
shermank

Post by shermank »

Bonjour Amie and all,

Since my post a few days ago I have spent several hours exploring various areas. Since then , and despite a runway issue here and there , such as a grass overlay where there should be tarmac, I am staying with TEP for the foreseeable future.

Sherm