Mixed Reality with Varjo XR3

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
muskan14

Mixed Reality with Varjo XR3

Post by muskan14 »

Hi,
I am a Student interning in a very cool company as an immersive media designer.
I have been working on p3d V5 for months now and i have used it with headsets like Varjo aero and now Varjo XR3, the virtual reality aspect of P3D has stopped working with varjo xr3 headset completely.
Every time I enable varjo in the virtual reality drop down, P3D turns black and the varjo base shows 'no application running'.
I have enabled all the necessary settings in the VR settings and advanced Mixed reality settings.
Nothing is resolving the matter.

A quick help would be appreciated!

Thank you,
Muskan
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Re: Mixed Reality with Varjo XR3

Post by Beau Hollis »

Has anything changed about your hardware setup or software configuration? (Graphics drivers, windows updates, VarjoBase version, etc). If you're on a dual GPU machine, make sure the Prepar3D app window is on a display connected to same GPU as your HMD. That's the only thing of hand that I can think of that would casuse VR to fail on initialization.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
muskan14

Post by muskan14 »

Hi, thank you for the reply.
I am connected to a single GPU only. The headset and the monitor, both are connected to a 3070 GPU and have always been connected to the same GPU only.

Thanks,
Muskan.
Beau Hollis
Lockheed Martin

Post by Beau Hollis »

What about the software/hardware changes I mentioned in the previous post? You mentioned this worked before. If we can figure out what has changed, that might help determine the cause.
Beau Hollis
Prepar3D Software Architect
muskan14

Post by muskan14 »

We started with a 1070 GPU, this was when we were using version 4, and we were able to work on it with htc vive.
then we upgraded to 3070 GPU and version 4 only of P3D and that worked in VR with Varjo aero.
after that we updated to version 5 of p3d and varjo XR3, since then, it's not working and the issue stated is being faced.
the system has been the same throughout.