Varjo XR-3 Mixed Reality Portals (with images)

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
fheinz

Varjo XR-3 Mixed Reality Portals (with images)

Post by fheinz »

Hello everyone,

We have Prepar3D v5.2 (5.2.22.27615) and we want to use Portals to define an area to display Mixed Reality. Using our HTC Vive all works fine, but using Varjo, the situation changed. I will explain you the behavior with both HMD’s.

On virtual world we have an aircraft (Extra 300) and looks like this:

On real world we have a mockup cockpit and a green screen. This is our test setup:

First, I will show you the behavior using HTC Vive on Prepar3D. Here

is possible to identify the Portals in gray. That portal are defining where to put the Mixed Reality. In

you can look how mixed reality looks like in this case.

This is what we are attempting to do using Varjo XR-3.

In

you can look the same portal’s setup using Vive HMD but through our XR-3. In

you can look mixed reality with XR-3 using portals. The problem is that the mixed reality only works at the outside portals in the green screen, but actually we are searching for mixed reality inside portals, like HTC Vive response.

So, have you any idea how can we solve this?

We changed Portals and Inverted Portals option in PassthroughMode on Augmented Reality configuration, but nothing changed.

We are searching the HTC Vive response, but using Varjo XR-3. Is it possible?

Thank's for all
JulioM

Re: Varjo XR-3 Mixed Reality Portals (with images)

Post by JulioM »

I have the same issue, have you managed to solve it?
Lildreas

Post by Lildreas »

Hi @fheinz,

I never tried to use chroma-keying and portals at the same time. I used portals only with the XR-1, I created the portals over my cockpit instruments area and that's where the Varjo video passthrough appeared. No greenscreen needed.

But if you want to use chroma-keying with the green screen from your screenshots I think that if you remove the portals you might get what you are looking for.

Best
Andreas
TilakYosra

Post by TilakYosra »

appeared. No greenscreen needed.