Extremely Low Axis Sensetivity While On Ground, Normal Sensetivitiy Once Airborne

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
mRKLEAN

Extremely Low Axis Sensetivity While On Ground, Normal Sensetivitiy Once Airborne

Post by mRKLEAN »

Hi Everyone,

I've been simming for a good couple years now with P3D/FSX and have never had this issue before. Basically, (with any aircraft), whenever I'm on the ground, all of the control surfaces have extremely low effects on the aircraft, but immediately once airborne the effects return to normal.

Attached is a video of a departure in a PMDG 737 aircraft with AutoRudder & Mouse Yoke enabled (no other USB devices connected, and no FSUIPC/Spad.next running in the background). You'll see me crank the yoke left and right to steer the aircraft with almost no response from the wheels, although the yoke experiences full range of motion.

At rotation, the nose rises very very slowly at maximum elevator input, but immediately once the main landing gear leave the runway the control surfaces pick up and jolt the plane at proper sensetivity.

The video is viewable here: https://streamable.com/0ihfke

I've tried without autorudder as well, as well as attempted this with two default P3D aircraft with same results.

EDIT: This exact same issue happens with my Saitek Yoke & SPAD.next drivers, I'm just recording with mouse yoke as I don't have my controls at my desk right now.

Does anyone know any settings that might fix this?
Martyson

Re: Extremely Low Axis Sensetivity While On Ground, Normal Sensetivitiy Once Airborne

Post by Martyson »

@ mRKLEAN ,

Which P3D product and version number xxxyyy ?

For PMDG:
Do you have the steering Tiller selected in PMDG CDU Options?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)