P3DV5.1 Reloading to Default Scenario

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Planeboy5

P3DV5.1 Reloading to Default Scenario

Post by Planeboy5 »

Hello!

Please feel free to move if this is in the wrong topic category.

I was curious if I could get some help with a frustrating problem with my Prepar3d V5.

I will be flying along, sometimes in a 3rd party aircraft, and the sim will freeze and reload into the default scenario with the F-35.

It seems like it happens very sporadically and randomly in which some cases it doesn't happen at all.

I have tried reinstalling the client and still have the same results.

I would very much appreciate any guidance you all may have. Thanks!!!
yycdispatch

Re: P3DV5.1 Reloading to Default Scenario

Post by yycdispatch »

I too have suddenly started experiencing this problem. With more complex add-on aircraft like Leonardo MD80 and FSL A32X, the program outright crashes to desktop with a terrain.dll error in the event viewer. With the default F35 aircraft loaded at any location, the situation eventually 'reloads' suddenly after a couple of minutes being airborne to the default startup situation in lieu of an outright crash. Flying the default F35 from the default airport results in the same behavior.

Edit: The installation is not new (August 2020), and no add-ons have changed/been installed since January 2021.