Weather impact and zoom levels - Multichannel

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
LGKR

Weather impact and zoom levels - Multichannel

Post by LGKR »

I have noticed over time that weather does not seem to impact the aircraft and flying characteristics as it should. I feel almost no turbulence or updraft/downdraft, or sudden wind direction changes.

My setup is P3d v5.1 HF1 and Multichannel with 3 screens 200 degrees FOV and zoom set by Multichannel to 0.64.

I have fiddled with the settings, and I discovered that if I increase the zoom level, the weather conditions suddenly starts to have a greater impact on the flying. I suddenly feel the turbulence and sudden wind direction changes. The higher zoom, the more impact.

I guess this is because with Multichannel, the Host screen comprises the full FOV of 200 degrees. The weather conditions is then treating the Host screen as a "normal" screen and hence dilutes the weather conditions when it spans the view to the cliens.

I do not know if I explained this in a great way, but the point is that the higher zoom - the more impact of weather conditions on the simulation on the clients - in particular the turbulence effects/sudden wind direction changes.

But the zoom set by Multichannel of 0.64 is perfect for my system, and increasing it does not give good visuals.

Is there any setting that can be changed to stop this "dilution" of weather impact on the simulation?
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Weather impact and zoom levels - Multichannel

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Are you referring to the camera shaking more with wind changes with increased zoom? Does modifying any of the [DynamicHeadMovement] values in the Prepar3D.cfg make a difference?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead