[RESOLVED] DIS Connection

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
MakerPlane

[RESOLVED] DIS Connection

Post by MakerPlane »

Hey Guys,

Hope all is well. I have a DIS related question and hoping that someone out there has come across the same issue and fixed it. I have Prepar3D running on a single system on my lan. Another computer is running VR Forces. I have set both to broadcast on DIS to the lan. Normal settings, nothing special. Ex id 1, site id and app id set on both machines. DIS version set to 6. I have P3D set to broadcast AI traffic as well. VR Forces just has a couple of entities on the runway in front of the P3D ownship so that I can validate that entities are being seen.

The problem is that when I broadcast out, VR Forces picks up the P3D entities, but P3D does not see the VR Forces entities. Running DISSpy, the entities are being received through broadcast on the P3D system and not displayed and it indicates some of the pdus are malformed.

Message is 'Published velocity not aligned with calculated velocity.." Some are OK though but still not being published into P3D.

Same PDUs are being displayed fine on the VR Forces computer as you can see in the image below.

If I was to unicast to the VR Forces box, I get the entities from VR Forces coming up on P3D, but nothing on VR Forces. Running DISSpy on the VR Forces box indicates that the entities are being received by the VR Forces box, but the pdus are malformed. Same message.

I have disabled all VM network adaptors. I have disabled firewalls on both machines as well and same results. As with anything to do with distributed simulation it is probably a really simple fix, but is buried three layers deep. Anyone out there have any suggestions?

Cheers
John
(former Legacy Support)
JJK

Re: DIS Connection

Post by JJK »

I experienced the same issue: https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 85#p235585

It seems that this is a bug in P3D v5+. I'm wondering when we can expect an update to fix the issue.
MakerPlane

Post by MakerPlane »

Thanks for that. So it isn't just me! Was anyone seeing it in v4.5? Might need to go back to that version for testing....
MakerPlane

Post by MakerPlane »

LM, can we get a hotfix on this issue if it is valid? This is a blocker for integration of Prepar3D into a distributed simulation environment.

Cheers.
MakerPlane

Post by MakerPlane »

Any news from LM folks on the board here if there is a fix or workaround for the DIS issue?
jwyother

Post by jwyother »

Has there been any update on this? I am also experiencing some issues receiving DIS traffic from external sources in Prepar3D. I have no issues seeing the DIS traffic on Wireshark, but it is not showing up in Prepar3D. I have confirmed that with other applications I can see the traffic on the same system as Prepar3D so it doesn't seem to be a firewall issue.

I've also experienced the issue where when I run two instances of Prepar3D on different systems on the same network when both are set to broadcast I don't see DIS traffic in either instance of Prepar3D. When I change one of the instances to Unicast then I see the broadcast traffic only from the other Prepar3D instance.

Any word on any hotfix or upcoming release that would fix this issue?
MakerPlane

Post by MakerPlane »

I have heard nothing yet. It is becoming a real issue here with a NATO thing coming up soon we are part of. Hope it is a simple fix!
Chris Metel
Lockheed Martin

Post by Chris Metel »

Thank you for bringing this defect to our attention. The development team has identified the issue and the resolution will be included in the next point release.

Cheers,
Chris
Chris Metel
Prepar3D® Product Owner
JJK

Post by JJK »

Any updates on when the next point release might be due? This feature is pretty critical to our operations and we'd rather not downgrade, but we might have to if it'll be another month.
JJK

Post by JJK »

The issue seems to be fixed in v5.2 :)
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hi JJK,

Glad to hear this is working for you. Thanks for confirming the issue is resolved.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.