Alt-Enter Bug

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
ppo

Alt-Enter Bug

Post by ppo »

Under some circumstances, after entering AltEnter you get a black screen.

P3DV5 HF1 is still running,
if you hit @ESC@ you return to P3D normal screen and also tied to that problem
if you try to view the menu options you will get the black screen back.

Here it is interesting to note that while the Simulator is still running and the screen is black
if you mouse over the P3Dv5 in the taskbar you will actually see the menu details that you selected.

But there is no way you can access it.
As soon as you move away your cursor, you return to the black screen.

Again with the black screen, P3DV5 is still running, but of course you don't see anything and can't access anything.
Clicking in the black screen will only active the Windows audio error. Escape will get your screen back.
Additional attempts at Alt-Enter, Escape will not restore normal operations.

As far as I have been able to identify what brought me into this problem seems to be linked to the "Resizing", "Moving" of the main P3D window. So, if I resize/move the main simulator window it will active the black screen problem.

Still investigating ...

Also I noticed the main window cannot be minimized. Question: Is that a feature?

Win10Pro 2004 Build 19041.208
Win64 video driver: 445.98
I7 9700K at 5ghz
Ram 2x16GB 3200mhz
Video card gtx2080ti
Monitors: main one at 4k (running at 30hz for the simulator) and the other 2 at 1920x1200
MB: Asrock Taichi

Cheers
ppo

Re: Alt-Enter Bug

Post by ppo »

About the minimize function not being available.

This is linked to the Alt-Enter bug and the black screen.
When P3DV5 behaves normally, it can be minimized.

Cheers,
ppo

Post by ppo »

Bug not traced yet, but...
I think I am on a track to locate the events that lead to the bug.
Further tests are needed.

Explanation:
a. It is related to the main P3D window bar shown when not in "Full Screen"
b. When the window bar is shown and you "Alt-enter", move/resize it open another window "FStramp" in this case
you will get the bug as described in the above post.
c. The first indication that you have re-created the bug is to look at the main P3D bar at the top on the right hand side and the "maximize/restore down, minimize" buttons have disappeared.

note: I need to track the complete list of actions in step b to activate the bug.

As mentioned previously, the only way out is to restart P3D

More to follow
Cheers,
ppo

Re: Alt-Enter Bug. Solved

Post by ppo »

Problem located.
FSTramp is causing this with the action of "Alt-enter" and maximize/restore down.

Will report to the dev.

Cheers,
Pierre
sho69607

Post by sho69607 »

Same issue here. Not using FSTramp, but the same thing happens here except I dont get a black screen. The sim just minimizes to the desktop and continues to run in the background and will not restore. This only happens if I have been running p3d in windowed mode (minimized) for an extended period of time.