Addition of Articulated Part to DIS Entity State Packet

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
dgadomski

Addition of Articulated Part to DIS Entity State Packet

Postby dgadomski » Thu Jan 30, 2020 7:39 pm

I am currently working with a helicopter and need the Rotor Speed to be transmitted over DIS as an articulated part. I have found that adding the following line to DISArticulatedParts.xml (under Native Helicopter)

<ArticulatedPart PropertyGet="ROTOR RPM PCT:1" Units="Percent Over 100" Class="HelicopterMainRotor" Metric="RotationRate" />

results in adding the rotor speed to be transmitted as an articulated part, but unfortunately, I have yet to get this value to be transmitted as a value other than 0.0. I have tried a variety of different Metrics (RotationRate shown above) with no luck. I have also tried chaning the PropertyGet on several different variables. Is there something I'm doing that is incorrect here?

Thanks,
Don

dgadomski

Re: Addition of Articulated Part to DIS Entity State Packet

Postby dgadomski » Thu Jan 30, 2020 10:17 pm

After further investigation, it was found that the logic for retrieving the parameter is correct but unfortunately the data is not being transmitted correctly in the DIS Articulated Part Records of the Entity State PDU...

see viewtopic.php?f=6323&t=136094

Return to “Prepar3D Professional Plus Client Application Questions”