F-16 Model and loadout

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
Itz_Dynamo7

F-16 Model and loadout

Postby Itz_Dynamo7 » Tue Nov 05, 2019 1:31 am

Hello,

Whenever i try to change the default F-16 model from the standard to parachute the wingtip pylon seems to be missing, is this from the model itself or i have to do some modification to make it appear?

Also the weapon loadout, i already try to add center tank, 2x AIM-9, 2x AIM-120 on the aircraft.cfg and it doesn't appear whatsoever in the sim.

Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Re: F-16 Model and loadout

Postby Clifton Crane » Wed Nov 06, 2019 2:50 pm

Hello,

The wingtip pylons are built into the non-parachute models.

You can probably re-add these wingtip pylons for the parachute versions using the Attachments.xml file. The "pylon_light_wingtip" would be the PylonTitle to use. You may need to create a new Station and use PositionOffset and OrientationOffset instead of ModelAttachPointName to correctly place the wingtip pylon. After the wingtip pylon is correctly placed, you can add the new station (with pylon) to the loadout. The "Attachments.xml Sample" in the Learning Center shows how to use PositionOffset.

Is the "Center tank, 2x AIM-9, 2x AIM-120" a new loadout that you have defined? Do any of the other loadouts work for you?

Thanks.
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.

Return to “Prepar3D Professional Plus Client Application Questions”