Multichannel - how to configure communication between server and clients

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
sgst

Multichannel - how to configure communication between server and clients

Post by sgst »

Hi
I have a home cockput with a multichannel set up running 1 server with P3d V4.4/Prosim and 3 Client computers for visuals.

The landing lights of the Prosim Pro flight model is only working on the server and not on the clients, even though the landing lights are part of the flight model installed on all computers.

I have tried to search the internet on how to sync the landing lights on the client computers, but so far without any luck. There seems to be limited info on the multichannel set up available on the internet.

Apparently the Prosim Pro flight model landing lights use simconnect to communicate with P3d on the server, but these signals are not, somehow, visual on the clients.

I would like to know if there is a way of configuring the signals running from the server (running P3D and Prosim) directly to the client computers.

Will simconnect work a a way of communicating directly with the client visuals?
Is it possible to use FSUIPC/WideFS to communicate directly with the client visuals? E.g. with lua files on the clients?
If yes, how would this set up be configured?

If it is not possible to use any of the above, how is it possible, within the Multichannel configuration, to add the landing lights together with all the other visuals being transferred to the clients?

Looking forward to learn more about multichannel!!
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Re: Multichannel - how to configure communication between server and clients

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

SimConnect messages aren't directly forwarded to client machines from the host. Depending on the message the result will be propogated, things like SimVars, key events, particle effects, etc. I'm not familiar with how this add-on is using SimConnect. You may need to contact the developer. There may be a reason why lights are attached using SimConnect instead of being directly attached to the model.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
sgst

Post by sgst »

Thanks,
If I configure simconnect to send the relevant signals to the clients directly, will the clients be able to pick this up and show the visuals on screen?
Will the clients pick up signals sent via fsuipc/widefs?
sgst

Post by sgst »

Is this a question not possible to answer? Those developing multichannel ought to be able to give a quick yes or no to this?
sisoffi

Post by sisoffi »

For what i concern this Is my problema with my addon maddogx. You cannot send custom light but simconnecy Only send default Key of prepar3d. So you can use Only default light via p3d keystrokes ctrl L, but i Will investigate
sisoffi

Post by sisoffi »

For what i concern this Is my problema with my addon maddogx. You cannot send custom light but simconnecy Only send default Key of prepar3d. So you can use Only default light via p3d keystrokes ctrl L, but i Will investigate