P3D Plus v5.3 not running

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
bobdufur

[RESOLVED] Re: P3D Plus v5.3 not running

Post by bobdufur »

I'm watching this post because I have the exact same problem. I even uninstalled v5.3 and put the previous version back on and it ran fine. I uninstalled that version the correct way and put v5.3 back on.
It still hangs at the P3d intro screen.
Martyson

Re: P3D Plus v5.3 not running

Post by Martyson »

bobdufur wrote: Wed Dec 08, 2021 4:35 pm I'm watching this post because I have the exact same problem. I even uninstalled v5.3 and put the previous version back on and it ran fine. I uninstalled that version the correct way and put v5.3 back on.
It still hangs at the P3d intro screen.
@ bobdufur ,

Did you uninstall all Add-ons before uninstalling the old version / then downloading and doing a full install of the new version?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
bobdufur

Post by bobdufur »

I did not uninstall any addons initially but this morning I did uninstall all my Orbx scenery. That did not help. I did not think it necessary to uninstall from my PC things like GSX, airport, global traffic, etc. since my addon file is empty. What do you think I should do?
Thanks
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

Does running the "Delete generated files" shortcut in the Prepar3D application directory help?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
bobdufur

Post by bobdufur »

No. I tried that about an hour ago but the result were the same.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

In that case it may be necessary to uninstall all add-ons to diagnose if there is a specific one causing compatibility issues.

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
bobdufur

Post by bobdufur »

I have an empty addon folder and I did remove most of the addons but I did not uninstall prosim. With no addons being loaded, I don't see that as the problem. What have the other folks done who have similar issues?
darkasnight

Post by darkasnight »

Hi guys,

I have the same issue as well. P3d just loads then disappears after the loading has completed and it runs in the background shortly after. I've also tried deleting the generated files but it still didn't work. However, I tried this fix and it seems to have worked for me. https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=133197

Best Regards,
Leonard
bobdufur

Post by bobdufur »

It did not work for me.
CFAL

Post by CFAL »

I've spent a fair amount of time loading and unloading software, and at this point have decided to stick to v5.2 and wait for LMT and the plug-in Mfg's to work out their problems. In the meantime you all have a great Holiday season, and fly on to 2022!
Penguin Pilot
Clifton Crane
Lockheed Martin

Post by Clifton Crane »

Hello,

Thank you for the reports. We believe we have identified the issue and will have a fix in the next update. This issue seems to be isolated to processors with a large number of cores and threads.

Regards,
Clifton
Clifton Crane
Prepar3D® Software Engineer Sr.
CFAL

Post by CFAL »

I got sidetracked by some other projects, but wanted to let you know that the hotfix got things back up and running!
Penguin Pilot