P3D Plus v5.3 not running

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
CFAL

P3D Plus v5.3 not running

Post by CFAL »

I’m in the process of transferring product to my new workstation and installed P3D Plus 5.2 and gave it a quick test and everything seems to be working great in a bare bones setup, (no add-ons, scenery plug-ins Track IR etc.). When I down loaded and installed v5.3 I followed the recommended procedure and the software installation went fine, but when I launch P3D I get the splash screen and the “loading new scenery” progress bar, but after that action finishes I’m left with a splash screen and no more action. I gave it 15 minutes and saw no drive lights or any other signs of activity. As a test I re-installed v5.2 and everything worked. I did the whole process one more time (v5.2 to v5.3 to v5.2) same results.
Sorry for being so long winded, but I wanted you to have enough clues as to what may be the problem.
Workstation Spec: AMD 32 Core TR Pro 3975WX, Asus WRX80E-Sage Motherboard, 128 GB DDR4 Crucial 3200 MHz Ram, (3) Seagate 2TB Gen 4 NVMe SSD, (1) Seagate 16TB Enterprise HDD, (2) Nvidia Quadro RTX 8000 with NvLink, 1200W Corsair Power Supply, Custom water cooling.
Penguin Pilot
bobdufur

Re: P3D Plus v5.3 not running

Post by bobdufur »

I am having the same problem. I am running Windows 11 but I don't know if that is an issue. I just get the Prepar3d opening screen and it sits there forever.
CFAL

Post by CFAL »

I am on Win 10 Pro, so I doubt your Op sys is the problem. Have you run v5.2 on Win 11, and if so, were you happy with the performance?
Penguin Pilot
bobdufur

Post by bobdufur »

I was running V5.2 with Windows 11 and it ran better than with W10. Thanks for letting me know it is not my OS. I'm not sure what to do and I hate to switch back to V5.2 so I guess I will wait for a while and see what others discover. I have see similar problems with my setup twice before after updating my video drivers. P3D would hang up just like it is doing now.
Rob McCarthy
Lockheed Martin

Post by Rob McCarthy »

Hello,

What add-ons do you have installed? Are you seeing this with a clean installation?

Regards,
Rob McCarthy
Rob McCarthy
Prepar3D® Core Lead
bobdufur

Post by bobdufur »

It was a clean install and at first I only added fsuipc. Then I tried to add Prosim but the results were the same.
CFAL

Post by CFAL »

My install was a totally clean test. Widows 10 Professional
Penguin Pilot
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ CFAL ,

You mentioned:
"I’m in the process of transferring product to my new workstation and installed P3D Plus 5.2 and gave it a quick test and everything seems to be working great in a bare bones setup, (no add-ons, scenery plug-ins Track IR etc.)"

Just to verify, did you first uninstall P3D from the original PC (workstation)?

Are your "workstations / both PC's" on a network?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
CFAL

Post by CFAL »

The original PC and the new are networked. The P3D that was on the original was completely uninstalled and verified no files existed before I did any install on the new station. The original PC was not on at all while I was doing Installations and testing on the new. I started by installing v5.2 as a baseline and was successful and then did the complete uninstall without removing authorization as per the instructions and proceeded with the v5.3 install as I described in my original post.
Penguin Pilot
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

CFAL wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 8:08 am The original PC and the new are networked. The P3D that was on the original was completely uninstalled and verified no files existed before I did any install on the new station. The original PC was not on at all while I was doing Installations and testing on the new. I started by installing v5.2 as a baseline and was successful and then did the complete uninstall without removing authorization as per the instructions and proceeded with the v5.3 install as I described in my original post.
@ CFAL ,
"When I down loaded and installed v5.3 I followed the recommended procedure and the software installation went fine"

Was that a full product install using Setup.exe installer?

Did you verify the Checksum of the downloaded P3Dv5.3 ZIP file before Un-zipping it?
Best Regards,
bobdufur

Post by bobdufur »

I did check the zip file's checksum and it is okay.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

bobdufur wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 1:17 pm I did check the zip file's checksum and it is okay.
@ bobdufur ,

Was that a full product install using Setup_Prepar3D.exe installer from the Unzipped download?
Best Regards,
CFAL

Post by CFAL »

I did a complete product install and received an "Installation Successful" splash screen. I did not do a check sum before un-zip but I just did one, and it was good.
Penguin Pilot
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

CFAL wrote: Tue Dec 07, 2021 3:37 pm I did a complete product install and received an "Installation Successful" splash screen. I did not do a check sum before un-zip but I just did one, and it was good.
@ CFAL ,

Which P3Dv5.3 install method did you use ?

By right clicking on Setup_Prepar3D.exe and Run as administrator?

Or by running the Component Installers Individually, Client, Content and Scenery?
Best Regards,
CFAL

Post by CFAL »

Complete Install by right click. I am logged on as administrator, and get the normal pop-up asking if I want to allow the program to modify the computer. Answered - Yes.
Penguin Pilot