Low ftp on Multichannel

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to the additional features present in the Prepar3D Professional Plus client application.
wuketing

Low ftp on Multichannel

Postby wuketing » Tue Aug 25, 2020 11:59 am

Dear,sir;
I used 4 PCs (9700K,2080 graphics card,500G SSD,16G DDR4) for my simulator,I used Multichannel project.One PC for host and the other three PCs are for clients,each client connect to a projector.The problem is that, I got very low ftp(19-35),and it is not fluent at all,I try to set the World and the Traffic to the lowest ,but still can not get good performance.Would you plesase give me some advice?
Is the configuration of my PC suitable? Really gratefully if I can get the response. Thank you .

JordanWihby

Re: Low ftp on Multichannel

Postby JordanWihby » Mon Sep 14, 2020 6:51 am

The thing with Multichannel, is that if you are not using Hardware Genlock (Quado GPUS) then your setup may not be stable in most cases. With multichannel setup, your fps is based on your computer that provides the lowest FPS. What I mean, is that if you host computer is capable of providing you with a stable 45-50 fps, but one of your client computers are only providing 25 fps, then your sim is going to run at 25 fps. Your configuration matches the computer that's least performing. Thats why multichannel is quite difficult, and better in my opinion (if you aren't using hardware gen locl) to have one main high end pc running your visuals. In the long run, it will save you money, and you will get better performance.

Return to “Prepar3D Professional Plus Client Application Questions”