[RESOLVED] Feature Transfer Error

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Craigy

[RESOLVED] Feature Transfer Error

Post by Craigy »

Hi

I recently uninstalled Version 4.5 and replaced it with V5.3, but i have had problems with frame rates so I bought a new SSD to reinstall V4.5 to use while problems with 5.3 were resolved.

Prepar3d 4.5 seems to install okay but when I try to add Aerosoft's Airbus models, I get a Feature Transfer Error, , file <P3DPath\, error file name, directory name or volume label. This occurs even if I add the Aerosaft folder to the V4.5 folder. I have cleaned out the temp folders, updated the security and sharing parameters but still the error continues. I am also using windows 11 and v4.5 worked fine with this operating system previously.

Any suggestions on what I could do to try and resolve the issue?

Thanks in advance.

Regards
Craig
mpni

Re: Feature Transfer Error

Post by mpni »

Hi Craigy
Is your addon updated for P3Dv5.3?
You sayed
"... I recently uninstalled Version 4.5 and replaced it with V5.3...
... This occurs even if I add the Aerosaft folder to the V4.5 folder...
If you uninstalled the 4.5 version, it seems that is normal.
But if this occur when the v4.5 was installed, it is another issue.
When you install your addon, have you the possibility for indicate the path of your version in which you want install your addon?
Regards
Michel
Craigy

Post by Craigy »

Hi Michel

The drive which I uninstalled v4.5 now has V5.3 HF2 installed on it. It has installed properly including the addon aircraft and sceneries. I bought a new SSD and installed v4.5 on it. This appears to have installed properly, except when I try to add the Aerosoft Airbus aircraft, I receive the Feature Transfer Error. I still receive the error when installing to an Aerosoft folder inside of Prepar3d. I have the option of installing where I want the aircraft to be installed. In V5.3 and the previous install of 4.5, the aircraft are installed in a separate Aerosoft folder outside of the sim but on the same drive.

Regards
Craig
mpni

Post by mpni »

Hi Craigy
It seems that your installations of P3Dv4 and P3Dv5 are correct, and that all paths have been updated.
But, if you have previously uninstalled your addon, maybe in the registry your addon is referenced with a wrong path due to incomplete uninstallation.
So, when you try to install your addon, it cannot find the folder due to the change in location.
But there may be another cause for this problem.
Regards
Michel
mpni

Post by mpni »

Have also a look in your Windows control panel / programs and functionalities.
Is there an entry for your addon?
If yes try to uninstall it.
Regards
Michel
Craigy

Post by Craigy »

Hi Michel,

Thank you for your continued support and advice but I am embarrassed to say that I have resolved the issue and the problem was caused by me not activating Prepar3d first before trying to install addons.

Once again thanks for your help.

Regards
Craig
mpni

Post by mpni »

Hi Craigy
Thank you for your feedback because it is interesting to know this when P3D is not activated.
Regards
Michel