p3d v5 not openeing after first or second use, scenery issues also

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
gerfitz

p3d v5 not openeing after first or second use, scenery issues also

Post by gerfitz »

HI

Im new to P3D as of last week (coming from fsx) and since then I'm getting it hard to keep p3d working.

I have a brand new gaming pc just for p3d

I installed p3d in full as recommended and run it as ADMIN also , my account on pc is also admin., I installed pmdg 737ngxu and this works fine. I downloaded new scenery mk Dublin for example and load up sim and all is fine I can do my flight, I even set my sim to open as default with the pmdg 737 and on stand in Dublin Airport but if the next time I open my sim I find that it shows the p3d splash screen momentarily and then disappears and if I check my task manager I can see p3d is running in the background but I cant access it? I restart my pc and still same issue, if I can manage to get the sim to open up I notice that it has reverted back to the jet and in the default scenery airport, it wont load my set default start up and then when I go to go to say my new installed scenery airport E.G Dublin I see that the sim has deleted it and has reverted back to default scenery, p3d wont save any addon scenery?

I have tried uninstalling the sim completely and reinstalling it but unfortunately I have the exact same issues as above... I have even made a new user account on my pc to make sure that was not the issue also.

any help would be great as I cant load up my sim and it seems to be deleting any addon scenery and settings I set for example I untick the pause on exit or go to a new window but then when I go back into the sim if I can see it has reverted back to default settings, the only thing staying installed on the sim is the pmdg 737

Intel® Core™ i7-11700F Processor
- Octa-core
- 2.5 GHz / 4.9 GHz
- 16 MB cache
- 16 GB DDR4 (3200MHz)
- NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3060
- 12 GB GDDR6