Many addon airports with floating planes?

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
LNOSS

Re: Many addon airports with floating planes?

Post by LNOSS »

Still the same with HF2.

Common LM! Answer! And fix this issue!
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

LNOSS ,

Is the P3D default airport a problem?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Enoss,

How (and why) in the world should L-M fix an add-on airport? It is not their product.

That responsibility rests solely with the add-on developer. That developer took your money, now tell them to go and fix it. If they don't within a reasonable amount of time, demand your money back.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
LNOSS

Post by LNOSS »

When LM do such a huge improvment or what they call it they should be open about it to all devlopers!.
Clearly. It is not the case. Cause everyone kinda has given up on LM and all the updates and changes they do from time to time.
Thats the fact.

Stian
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

I have exactly the same elevation problem, the plane (either one) loads floating from the runway. From cockpit I don't notice that. This happens with PANC and ENVA so far. I wonder what I will get after installing other scenery from Aerosoft. I have the same scenery source installed in FSX and P3Dv4.5 and all just fine.
I learned from this thread the P3Dv5.2 is OK so I could downgrade from P3dv5.3
Maybe LM will release another update to remedy this and other improvements but when?
Patricio Valdes
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

Today, I downgraded P3D from v5.3 to v5.2 just only the Client installer. Now PANC and ENVA from Aerosoft can load the plane with the wheels touching the runway as intended. I wait for the next V5.3 update to see if my Aerosoft sceneries stay working as now or to keep the Client v5.2
Patricio Valdes

EDIT:
I found uninstalling the Client v5.3 removed the files VisualFXTool.dll and TrafficToolbox.dll from P3dv5\Development Tools folder.
Installed the Client v5.2 the development tools are not any longer present.

So, maybe those files were the reason about floating planes question?
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

requesttop wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:55 pm Thanks. I tried but did not show.
What did you try if you don't mind? My findings were to downgrade Client v5.3 to 5.2 in order to remedy floating wheels from planes.
Pat
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Pat, I do think you just replied to a prospective spammer. I have seen this behavior before - they post their first, seemingly innocent message, and then later, maybe a couple of days later, come back with the real spam.

But I should be happy if I am wrong! ;-)

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:48 pm Pat, I do think you just replied to a prospective spammer. I have seen this behavior before - they post their first, seemingly innocent message, and then later, maybe a couple of days later, come back with the real spam.

But I should be happy if I am wrong! ;-)

Jorgen
Hi Jorgen, nobody in this thread is wrong but what would you recommend fixing the floating wheels in question?
Temporarily I downgraded Client v5.3 to v5.2 to be happy.
Pat
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Pat,

To be honest, I don't know. I have a number of ORBX airports and sceneries, and from several freeware sources, but not anything from Aerosoft.

And I have not seen the issue described here on any of my airports.

What I have seen, though, are "bouncing" AI aircraft. I believe, from what I have seen on the AIG site, that this is a question of editing the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file on the aircraft in question. I see this issue so rarely, however, that I haven't done anything about it yet.

This may or may not help you with your issue. If you try this and get something, positive or negative, then please post the results here. It will be a while before I get around to this myself, as installing AI flight plans and airports for them to land on are higher on my priorities list.

Happy flying -

Jorgen

Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

Just out of curiosity, for those with the floating problem, are you using ORBX Vector or any other add-on mesh?
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

Sky_King wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:37 pm Just out of curiosity, for those with the floating problem, are you using ORBX Vector or any other add-on mesh?
With or without ORBX Vector it is still the same floating wheels. I am afraid to go back to Client version 5.3
At the time when I found that issue, I didn't have installed ORBX.
Pat
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

JorgenSA wrote: Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:21 pm Pat,

To be honest, I don't know. I have a number of ORBX airports and sceneries, and from several freeware sources, but not anything from Aerosoft.

And I have not seen the issue described here on any of my airports.

What I have seen, though, are "bouncing" AI aircraft. I believe, from what I have seen on the AIG site, that this is a question of editing the contact points in the aircraft.cfg file on the aircraft in question. I see this issue so rarely, however, that I haven't done anything about it yet.

This may or may not help you with your issue. If you try this and get something, positive or negative, then please post the results here. It will be a while before I get around to this myself, as installing AI flight plans and airports for them to land on are higher on my priorities list.

Happy flying -

Jorgen
Jorgen, maybe the issue is from Aerosoft in somehow the floating wheels appears with Client version 5.3. But then, how come it is fine with Client version 5.2?
I think if I get back to Client version 5.3 and since ORBX has been added to P3Dv5 after the issue appeared it could be the trick. Also, if the issue still then I will check the P3dv5\Development Tools folder to find solutions or simply get back again to version 5.2
Pat
trisho0

Post by trisho0 »

I had to reverse Client version 5.3 to version 5.2 again to get floating wheels planes fixed.
Pat
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

In response to Sky_King's post I should maybe add that I use FreeMesh.

Jorgen