Prepar3D CANNOT run with out a Valid Scenery.Cfg

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Dan6116

Prepar3D CANNOT run with out a Valid Scenery.Cfg

Post by Dan6116 »

I have Uninstalled and reinstalled 4 times. Did it the way the Prepar3D instructions said and a some of you told me and nothing works. It keeps coming up at start up " Prepar3D CANNOT run with out Scenery.cfg. Please uninstall and reinstall Prepar3D. Click abort to Exit Prepar3D. I had it running great for 10 months install AIG AI flights and then this popup. Delete all AIG and have not reinstalled it. I have been flying FS for more then 20 years, this is a best FS. Please help I am having FS withdraw.
Dan
JorgenSA

Re: Prepar3D CANNOT run with out a Valid Scenery.Cfg

Post by JorgenSA »

Did you remove everything P3D-related before you reinstalled?

Try searching your C: drive for this string, after removing everything under the folder you installed P3D to:

prepar3d v5

If you installed P3D on a different drive, search that drive for the same string also, again after removing everything under the folder you installed P3D to.

You do not say which AIG tool you used to install the AI, but you might want to post a question about that on the AIG forum.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
JorgenSA

Re: Prepar3D CANNOT run with out a Valid Scenery.Cfg

Post by JorgenSA »

Supplement to the above, just to avoid confusion:

If you installed P3D on your C: drive, then you only need to search the C: drive for that string. If you installed P3D to a different drive, then you need to search both the drive you installed to and the C: drive.

And, regarding AI: I have over 10,300 AI flight plans installed, and they have never given me any issues. Some of these plans are AIG flight plans.

But I have never used any of the AIG tools to install them, I prefer to only get the raw flight plans and the install the plans using AIFP, and the install the necessary repaints "manually".

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.