Help updating from 5.1 to 5.2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
MediumRareBaku

Help updating from 5.1 to 5.2

Post by MediumRareBaku »

I know this is an often covered topic and I know that LM has the Installation PDF, but just chalk me up to being stupid with this because this confuses me every time.

I have 5.1 HF1 installed. I want to update to 5.2 HF1. From reading the release of 5.2, it says "The Client installer is required for Prepar3D v5.2, however the Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional." and for 5.2 HF 1 it says "Only the Client installer is required for the majority of fixes present in Prepar3D v5.2 Hotfix 1. Therefore, the Content, Scenery, and SDK installers are optional."

I want to get all the updates. Do I need to do a full clean installation? Client, Content, and Scenery leaves the largest chunk, "Prepar3D v5 Academic" in my programs list, which is 68.2 GB, and I'm not sure what that chunk of the installation represents?
mpni

Re: Help updating from 5.1 to 5.2

Post by mpni »

Hi
If necessary, have also a look here:
https://www.prepar3d.com/news/announcem ... 06/120807/

"...
The newly posted Prepar3D v5.2 (5.2.22.27615) Full Download on the Purchased Downloads page includes Hotfix 1.

If Prepar3D was installed before updating to the hotfix it is strongly recommended to run the “Delete Generated Files” shortcut in Prepar3D’s installation directory after installing the hotfix and before running Prepar3D for the first time. This will revert Prepar3D to its default settings but may also impact the installation of add-ons. If running this is not possible due to add-on configurations then removing the VolumetricClouds.cfg in the “%appdata%\Lockheed Martin\Prepar3D v5” is strongly recommended due to changes to cloud appearances made in the hotfix.

Please be aware that some third party developers may have to update their add-ons to be compatible with this hotfix. Please contact the third party developers directly for any compatibility questions.
..."

So, if you install the client.msi (after uninstalling the previous) and delete the VolumetricClouds.cfg, your Prepar3D will be up to date.
Regards
Michel