5.2 freezes on view change & ATC not working

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
bwbriscoe

5.2 freezes on view change & ATC not working

Post by bwbriscoe »

Hi...

5.1 worked perfectly, no freezes, crashes and every part of the sim worked 100%. I've just updated to 5.2, these are the issues I have:

1. Freezes every time I change view. The freeze can last between 3 seconds and five minutes(!!). If I've not changed view for a while (maybe an hour or so), pressing 'S' to view external view then hangs for a long time (up to five minutes). If I've changed view in the last couple of moments, a new change of view only hangs for a few seconds.

2. ATC window. I can't seem to select anything by either pressing the relevant number or even clicking directly into the box. Sometimes when I click on 'Tune Ground XXX.XX' the box randomly puts some communication text (given to another aircraft) in the dialog box and if I keep pressing 'Tune Ground XXX.XX' it keeps repeating the same text message (but never any sound). I've not heard ATC since the upgrade to 5.2.

Please tell me these issues are being looked into as they are making the sim unusable.

Thanks,

Ben
bwbriscoe

Re: 5.2 freezes on view change & ATC not working

Post by bwbriscoe »

Sorry, I realised I posted this in the wrong forum. Feel free to delete here and I'll repost.