No primary info text p3d v5.2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Mihajlo123

No primary info text p3d v5.2

Post by Mihajlo123 »

Hello,

Just switched to V5.2 and it looks amazing but there are no labels in my sim regarding the primary info text e.g: Parking brake label, Pause label, the famous Shift+Z left upper countermeasures.

No labels visible in the sim.

I only updated the client.

Is this a familiar bug?
Martyson

Re: No primary info text p3d v5.2

Post by Martyson »

Mihajlo123 wrote: Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:42 am Hello,

Just switched to V5.2 and it looks amazing but there are no labels in my sim regarding the primary info text e.g: Parking brake label, Pause label, the famous Shift+Z left upper countermeasures.

No labels visible in the sim.

I only updated the client.

Is this a familiar bug?
SHIFT Z work around fix info

Install the Content to fix the Shift - Z problem or apply the work-a-round fix reported in the forum by Rob (LM Staff) here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 6&start=15
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
Mihajlo123

Post by Mihajlo123 »

Thanks for the help.

I installed the content and client and now suddenly when i want to start P3D it will crash on the splash screen and occasionally shows the out of memory error.

How can this be fixed?

I have a RTX2080 8GB, I9-9900K and never had these kind of issues.

I also get the could not find FS Standard.XML controls file
Last edited by Mihajlo123 on Tue Jun 15, 2021 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Martyson

Post by Martyson »

@ Mihajlo123 ,

Best to start a new post / topic in the main forum area.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell PP-ASEL (KDTW)
thosdcks89

Post by thosdcks89 »

I just want to add to what has already been discussed in the posted comments. I recently downloaded and installed the V5.2 Client Only Installer after uninstalling the latest (Hot Fix 2) version of P3DV5.1. I had not installed the Content Installer and companion CAB files for V5.2 After running P3D V5.2 I noticed that the "Text" messages that previously appeared in the lower left-hand corner of the screen were no longer being displayed when I stepped on the brakes, or activated the "Parking Brakes." After considerable research and troubleshooting, it occurred to me that maybe I need to update the Content Installer, and that fixed the issue.