Massive frame drops with v5.2

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
HankyPanky

Massive frame drops with v5.2

Post by HankyPanky »

Hope I found the correct place for this. I upgraded from v5.1 HF1 to v5.2, fully, in running the setup and overwrite my existing installatin. Everything was fine, no problems, no errors.

But after upgrading I foun dlots of sceneries now with a massive frame drop. Usually I have locked my fps to 30, which I reach with most of the addons. NOw it went down, e.g. HEGN from 30 to 0.3 (!), FSIA only at night to 7, day is still fine. And so on.

Are there any switches not mentioned in a readme that we need to adjust, any setting that needs to be changed?

TIA, also for comments of other users who don't have this. Maybe there is something wrong with my installation?
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM
JorgenSA

Re: Massive frame drops with v5.2

Post by JorgenSA »

Your problem is this: "overwrite my existing installatin"

You cannot do that. You have to either:

1. Uninstall the 5.1 client only and then install the 5.2 client only, or

2. Uninstall v. 5.1 completely and then install v. 5.2.

To clear up your situation, try option 2 above.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
HankyPanky

Post by HankyPanky »

Thanks for your reply Jorgen.

Yes I overwrite my installation. And I can do that ;-). I restored my previous version due to a good backup I made this time.

Then I restarted the v5.2 setup, asking me for uninstall or repair, I choosed repair.

The "secret" is to clear the shader cache. After doing this everything is fine and runs as expected.
Always happy landings
Dieter/EDDM
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

It is not the recommended method, Dieter, but if it works for you I shall not complain!

Happy flying -

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.