A blind pilot could use some install assistance please.

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Blind Pilot

A blind pilot could use some install assistance please.

Post by Blind Pilot »

Hello to my fellow P3D v5.1 flight simmer pilots.
I don't know what's going on.
Every time I go to install p3d v5.1, I keep getting that both the client SMI and or scenery.SMI files haven't been installed.
Now before I go on, yes, I start to perform the installation like I do any program and start with the exe file.
But when I use the prepar3d.exe file, I keep receiving the error message that the client and scenery dot smi files aren't installed.
So, I go to click on both files and I keep receiving uninstall and or repair.
I've done both until I'm blue in the face.
I now have everything uninstalled from my pc and will atempt to reinstall everything this coming Thursday, the tenth.
I'd deeply appreciate some help with this issue please?
I'm going to try to reinstall everything from my flight bag this coming Thursday, which is the tenth.
If anyone can help me out and or would like to link up with me via quick connect and or maybe team viewer?
Please let me know.
I can be reached here in the United states on the East Coast Time zone in the north west corner of the state of Pennsylvania at:
kolesar16417@roadrunner.com
I have like most of my fellow pilots quite a bit of my savings invested in flying.
So, I'd deeply appreciate some help here from one of my fellow P3D v5.1 flight simmer pilots please.
Very Thankfully Yours,
Ron AKA The Blind Pilot
JorgenSA

Re: A blind pilot could use some install assistance please.

Post by JorgenSA »

Ron,

When you ran the installer, did you right-click on it and then select "Run as Administrator"? It is very important that you do that.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.