Installing P3Dv5 in D drive

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
hzsal

Installing P3Dv5 in D drive

Post by hzsal »

Good day,

Since I have another sim on the main C drive, I installed P3Dv5 in my D drive. It worked fine, but some addons such as Traffic Global is not identifying the location of P3D. I directed Traffic Global to D drive but still not working. I have read somewhere that P3D needs to be installed in the windows drive (C in my case) and if installed in another drive, it might not work properly.

Note: I would like to attached a screenshot of my D drive folders but I don't know how to link the photo.

Any help is highly appreciated.

Faisal
JorgenSA

Re: Installing P3Dv5 in D drive

Post by JorgenSA »

Faisal,

There is nothing wrong with installing P3D on any drive that you like, I have v. 4 on my C: drive and v. 5 on my H: drive.

Did Traffic Global not come with instructions for this? You might also want to ask their support.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
hzsal

Post by hzsal »

Thank you Jorgen for the comforting information.

I did check Just Flight forum and found the solution. It was a stupid oversight from my part as I have the traffic setting in P3D to none.

Faisal.
JorgenSA

Post by JorgenSA »

Hey Faisal,

We have probably all been there, done that and bought the T-shirts more times than I care to remember...

Happy flying -

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.