P3Dv5 not working

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Jordan3D

P3Dv5 not working

Post by Jordan3D »

So recently i was doing a flight from MMGL to KIAH and noticed that ASN wasn’t picking up accurate weather so i reinstalled it and updated it. After that i went back on to P3D and noticed that my FPS was a slideshow so then i restart my computer and after that the problem persists. I came to the conclusion that i needed to uninstall P3D entirely and when i got it back up and running, the FPS was struggling. I was getting around 25 FPS in the default F35 scenario compared to like 100+ with the sliders all the way down. I reset my entire PC to “factory” condition and reinstalled P3D again. This time P3D gives me a loading bar for the scenery database, shows me the scenario screen then closes without an error message or anything. What did i do wrong? I didn’t touch any sensitive file or play around with any configs. Please help I’m losing my mind.
JorgenSA

Re: P3Dv5 not working

Post by JorgenSA »

Do you have an nVidia graphics card? If so then roll the driver for it back one version.

Jorgen
System: i5-12600K@4.9 GHz, ASUS ROG STRIX Z690-I motherboard, 32 GB 4800 MHz DDR5 RAM, Gainward RTX 3060 w/ 12 GB DDR6 VRAM, Windows 10 Pro.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.
Jordan3D

Post by Jordan3D »

Yea i have a GTX 2060 Super I’ll try it out.
Jordan3D

Post by Jordan3D »

For some reason that worked and I’m just in awe. Thank you so much