P3Dv4 crashes to desktop

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
perohijo

P3Dv4 crashes to desktop

Postby perohijo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:27 pm

Hello.
I reinstalled P3Dv4 from scratch after I deleted all the folders related to P3Dv4 so I would not have any issues. I haven"t install anything yet and I am only using SPADnext. I tried to open the settings while the sim was running but it keeps on crashing to the desktop, which is the same problem, among others, I had with v5. I don't know what causes the problem since my computer exceeds the requirements for either version. I didn't have this problem with v4 before, but it looks like after I had v5 installed I ended up with this issue. I completely uninstalled v5 to make sure there is no conflict but it looks like that didn't help.
I have the latest version of v4 and I did the checksum just to make sure it matched.
Again, I do not have anything installed yet on the simulator since I just installed it, so there is not addon causing conflicts.
My system is up to dated and all my drivers are as well, and my video card is an NVIDIA RTX 2080 Suoer. My computer was built specifically to run FS2020 and I had v4 running before with no crashes.
I have had followed all the debugging steps before posting this support request

perohijo

Re: P3Dv4 crashes to desktop

Postby perohijo » Thu Jul 30, 2020 6:42 pm

It seems like it only happens when I try to open the settings. It is exactly the same problem I had with v5.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri Jul 31, 2020 12:36 pm

@ perohijo ,

You mentioned:
“My computer was built specifically to run FS2020 and I had v4 running before with no crashes.”

Are you talking about P3Dv4 running ok on your old PC?

“I haven"t install anything yet and I am only using SPADnext.”
What happens if you do not use SPADnext?

To try to isolate what is causing the CTD
Look in the Windows Event Viewer and get the
Faulting Module Name
example:

Also, you could review / run through all the General Debugging Steps :
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 7:59 pm

Hello.
I meant I had P3Dv4 was running on my new computer before I decided to install V5. The crashes happened even before I had Spadnext. There was nothing, and I mean no addons or external programs installed when I installed v4. The crashes began when I started the sim for the first time.
Here is the error report link.
https://imgur.com/a/Ughh4cm

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:03 pm

The other errors you see are the same type. The only difference is the report ID but every other one was for the same reason. I was trying to open either the settings or the scenery library.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Fri Jul 31, 2020 8:10 pm

The other errors you see are the same type. The only difference is the report ID but every other one was for the same reason. I was trying to open either the settings or the scenery library.
You have a Kernalbase.dll error.

Also you have an old version of P3Dv5 installed (34698) ?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:06 pm

I don't have v5 installed. i also don't know what the error means.

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Fri Jul 31, 2020 9:07 pm

I only have errors with P3D. No other game cause problems or crashes.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Aug 01, 2020 5:34 am

I don't have v5 installed. i also don't know what the error means.
@ perohijo ,

I posted: “Also you have an old version of P3Dv5 installed (34698) ?”
Sorry, that was my error on a copy of my notes.

You mentioned :
"I meant I had P3Dv4 was running on my new computer before I decided to install V5. “

So, I assumed you had P3Dv5 installed as well as P3Dv4.5 (34698 from your error report).

As I previously mentioned, you could review / run through all the General Debugging Steps :

Note:

Kernelbase.dll is a Windows error.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:40 pm

Hello.
I did the debugging but it didn't solve the problem. I still have the problem of P3Dv4 crashing. It is the only sim installed. I did have v5 installed before but it has too many issues so I uninstalled it. i wanted to get back to P3Dv4 but now I'm having these problems. As I mentioned I did the debugging but didn't help.
I took every step on the debugging and since I do not have any addons I did not follow that part. I still don't know what I need to do, I reinstalled the v4 again with the same results.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Sat Aug 01, 2020 6:47 pm

Hello.
I did the debugging but it didn't solve the problem. I still have the problem of P3Dv4 crashing. It is the only sim installed. I did have v5 installed before but it has too many issues so I uninstalled it. i wanted to get back to P3Dv4 but now I'm having these problems. As I mentioned I did the debugging but didn't help.
I took every step on the debugging and since I do not have any addons I did not follow that part. I still don't know what I need to do, I reinstalled the v4 again with the same results.
Review again debugging steps 5, 6 and 7?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

perohijo

Postby perohijo » Sat Aug 01, 2020 8:55 pm

I did the steps, but steps 6 is, as I already mentioned twice, I do not have any addons so that step does not apply in this case. Step 7 was done already and I still have the same problem, and step 5 was done twice.
As I said, I have done ALL the debugging steps.

Martyson

Postby Martyson » Mon Aug 03, 2020 8:03 am

I did the steps, but steps 6 is, as I already mentioned twice, I do not have any addons so that step does not apply in this case. Step 7 was done already and I still have the same problem, and step 5 was done twice.
As I said, I have done ALL the debugging steps.
What does step 7 of the debug steps say?
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”