Cant Install P3D V5 Academic

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
ApGuru

Cant Install P3D V5 Academic

Postby ApGuru » Sat Jul 11, 2020 7:57 pm

I cant install my copy of P3D

i get an error that the hash is invalid.

I redowloaded the whole package multiple times everytime the md5 checksum doesnt match. No matter how ofter i redownload it or which download method/browser I try. If I download each component individually and every md5 maches, i still cant install because the hash is invalid.

Tried download managers:
Jdownloader
Free Download Manager

Tried browsers:
Chrome
Edge
Firefox
Internet Explorers

What else i tried is to download it on an Ubuntu Machine, where the checksum magicly matches everytime and the copy onto my main machine. But the moment it is on my windows machine the checksum no longer matches and the whole installation is broken.

i know this is a duplicate and i tried the other solutions and nothing worked.

I am really annoyed at this point.

Any help would be appreciated

ApGuru

Re: Cant Install P3D V5 Academic

Postby ApGuru » Sat Jul 11, 2020 11:36 pm

So i made sure every file is corret with an md5sum checker, ran the installer, which failed, and checked again and 1 sceneX.cab file is corrupted after that.

i also tried installing each part individually. Client and Content work fine but scenery alters a sceneX.cab file semingly at random and than fails.

I know this is a Problem of this perticulat pc because i can install it on my work Laptop.

ApGuru

Re: Cant Install P3D V5 Academic

Postby ApGuru » Sun Jul 12, 2020 11:37 am

After a Windows Reinstall everything worked on the first try.
I dont know why. I did everything the same.

Topic closed

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”