P3D file/folder

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
markr1085

P3D file/folder

Postby markr1085 » Thu Jul 02, 2020 8:32 pm

Can someone show me what the contents of the P3Dv5 folder should look like. I have 2 drives on my computer C & D. C does not have enough space to download P3D, so I downloaded it into the Program Files on the D drive. For some strange reason there are Lockheed Martin files located on C drive>Program Data and C drive>AppData, that say P3Dv5. The only Lockheed Martin file in D drive indicates P3Dv4, which I deleted prior to downloading v5, although that file looks like it has v5 contents in it. This is all very confusing and hope someone can point me in the right direction. The reason for the post is Active Sky is telling me it can't locate the P3D folder and to manually install it. AS support is telling me to locate the P3D folder.

Please help!!

JorgenSA

Re: P3D file/folder

Postby JorgenSA » Fri Jul 03, 2020 7:47 am

Quote:

"so I downloaded it into the Program Files on the D drive" - then it will be under D:\Program Files\ somewhere.

But, why, since you were going to put it on the D: drive, didn't you just put it under D:\Prepar3D v5 or something like that (or just D:\P3D5)? Much easier to find....

Those files that the installation did put on the C: drive, under C:\Users and C:\Program Data are important and need to be left alone.

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”