Licence Activation

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Ricardo777

Licence Activation

Postby Ricardo777 » Thu Apr 09, 2020 4:07 pm

Good day,

I trust you're well.

I recently sent in am email as I tried activating my copy of Prepar3d v4.5 and was give an error stating that all of my activations had been used up. I've emailed the email address designated for such issues and am currently awaiting a reply, I understand that these are trying times for everyone. I am only posting this here in the hopes that a member from the Lockheed Martin Prepar3d team will see this and hopefully it will be easier for them to see this way - as I'm sure they receive a large quantity of emails - and in the hope that this would make the process slightly faster as I'm desperate.

What caused this ? My Harddrive started dying and in light of this I had to reinstall Windows onto my SSD that already had Prepar3d however as I was doing a fresh install of windows onto this SSD (as it was previously installed on my Harddrive) I had to format the SSD and with it went Prepar3d v4.5 .

As a result of not uninstalling it before formatting the SSD it did not deactivate that installation. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause in future I will remember to first uninstall Prepar3d should such a scenario ever occur again.

Thank you for your assistance in this matter I'm truly grateful, stay safe and have a pleasant day further.

Kind Regards,

Ricardo

Spencer Nelson
Lockheed Martin

Re: Licence Activation

Postby Spencer Nelson » Fri Apr 10, 2020 2:32 pm

Hello,

All emails to licensing@prepar3d.com will be addressed in 1-2 business days. Business days do not include weekends or holidays. If you have received an auto-response, that means your email was successfully delivered. If you have sent an email, please do not send another.

In the future, if you uninstall Prepar3D before making changes to your system, you will properly deactivate Prepar3D and will not have to contact licensing.

Our FAQ:

"Why can I no longer activate after I have reinstalled Prepar3D, updated software, updated hardware, or installed Prepar3D on a new machine? I am getting error 5013 when trying to install. What do I need to do?

Depending on the license you have, it is likely that you have reached the limited number of activations for your specific license. While the licensing software does recognize that the installs are being done on the same computer, if enough of the computer’s information changes (operating system, external hardware, graphics cards, etc.), it will flag your setup as a different computer. If you need an additional activation, because of a hardware change or you are moving the license to a new computer, please e-mail licensing@prepar3d.com with your License ID and a very brief explanation of the reason you need your license reactivated. Your request will be fulfilled within two business days."

Thanks for your patience.
Spencer

Ricardo777

Postby Ricardo777 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:07 pm

Good day Spencer,

Thanks for your reply I really do appreciate it.

I had sent the email to licensing@prepar3d.com in the early hours of yesterday already, I'm now just waiting for a reply. I additionally posted here in the event that it might somehow help the team, wasn't sure if it was easier to communicate via the forum but I sent the email as well.

I hope you have a great day further and thank you once again.

Kind Regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo777

Postby Ricardo777 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:08 pm

Will it be possible to receive the email today as it is the second day ?

Kind Regards,

Ricardo.

JorgenSA

Postby JorgenSA » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:15 pm

Two business days, and in the United States... where the Easter Holiday began Thursday, and ends on Monday (both days included in the Holiday).

Jorgen
System: i7-7700K @ 4.66 GHz, ASUS Z170-A motherboard, 16 GB 3200 MHz DDR4 RAM, nVidia GTX 960 w/ 4 GB DDR5 VRAM, Windows 10 Home.

All views and opinions expressed here are entirely my own. I am not a Lockheed-Martin employee.

Ricardo777

Postby Ricardo777 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:18 pm

That's really unfortunate considering the new simulator is coming out on Tuesday...
Was looking forward to enjoying v4.5 a bit longer but I'll have to live with things as they are.

I understand it was an error on my side as I should have uninstalled the installation but I made a mistake, an honest one, and I figured it did say 1 to 2 working days, yesterday was 1, I was hopeful I would be able to fly however it is what it is, just unfortunate.

Anyway thanks for the assistance I appreciate it and hope you have a happy and blessed Easter.

Kind Regards,

Ricardo

Ricardo777

Postby Ricardo777 » Fri Apr 10, 2020 3:19 pm

Also I wasn't aware it began on Thursday haha, my apologies.

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”