removing downloaded zip

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
oldspot96

removing downloaded zip

Postby oldspot96 » Tue Mar 24, 2020 7:38 pm

Hi all --feel really dumb asking this question but looked on lots of forums and now I am just confused. Some say "no,because ..." some talk about symbolic links to save space, some say copy to an ext hard to save cos the company might go bust, etc. All of which seem a good reason not to.
In essence I am running out of space on my ssd and noticed several folders in the download files are compressed zip. The two principal ones are A2A planes but the single largest is the 12.8 GB download file for P3dv4 Academic 4.1.7 1 downloaded in Jan 2018, and I am currently running 4.4.16!
So, simple question for advice.
Can I remove this zip file together with a couple of installer files (client/content plus 2 no. cont.cab files --Oct 18.) which, in total, will free up about 15 GB., without causing problems as my rig is working well?
But I would dearly love to take advantage of some offers out there whilst they are on.
Someone,please say yes.
oldspot96

Martyson

Re: removing downloaded zip

Postby Martyson » Wed Mar 25, 2020 7:19 am

First you can download any ZIP, not just P3D.
Un zip it.
Now you have:
The original ZIP you downloaded.
And, also the Un-zipped folder (or files).
Install your product.

After your product is installed and is working properly you can save the ZIP download and the Unzipped folder (files) if you want to.
Or, you can delete them.
Your choice.
Best Regards,
Vaughan Martell (KDTW)

oldspot96

Re: removing downloaded zip

Postby oldspot96 » Wed Mar 25, 2020 8:50 am

Hi Martyson--- Clear and concise . Just what I needed. Many thanks
oldspot96

Return to “Prepar3D Installation and Installer Questions”