Error with shader files

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
romair

Error with shader files

Post by romair »

Dear Experts

I have installed P3D v4.5 and PTA version 2.66 which should be ready for v4.5

I still have error message:
ERROR: shader file F:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\General.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used
ERROR: shader file F:\Prepar3D v4\ShadersHLSL\GPUTerrain.fx is not original Prepar3D shader and can't be used

There are several topics in forums already simmer who have this problem. I tried all possible corrections such as delete the shader folder and also the ShadersHLS folder in addition I repaired the client and also I de / installed client again and I also made reinstalls with PTA 2.66

Why re-installing of client will not install above both .fx files which should have no errors ??

regards Roger
Spencer Nelson

Re: Error with shader files

Post by Spencer Nelson »

Hello,

The first thing you should try is going through our general debugging steps. This will help us narrow down the issue by eliminating add-ons and generated files as the possible causes for this. You can find them here:

https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopi ... 2&t=123246

Let us know the results or if you have any questions.

Thanks,
Spencer
romair

Post by romair »

Hello Spencer

I have a fully loaded perfect working P3D v4.5 with a lot of addon sceneries and addon aircrafts.
My problem is only releated to the 2 PTA shader faults messages. I also approached Aviation Lads about my shader issue problem and they told me that they are no more uses PTA. They changed to TomatoShade. Based on their message I also changed to TomatoShade and the both shader faults messages are no more in their log file.
I think this is a PTA problem.

I did the necessary debugging steps adviced from Aviation Lads and other simmer having the same shader faults.

The general debugging steps in this case are not really necessary. It would cause me much more work to bring my sim again
back to my current installation.

If I still should find again such shader faults reported by TomatoShade i will report this here.
Thanks Roger
Sky_King

Post by Sky_King »

PTA 2.66 is not 100% compatible with HF2. See https://www.avsim.com/forums/topic/5600 ... at-45-hf2/
Gigabyte x670 Aorus Elite AX MB; 7800X3D CPU; Deepcool LT520 Cooler; 64 Gb G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO DDR5; Win11 Pro; 1 Samsung 990 2Tb NVMe SSD: 1 Crucial 4Tb MX500 SSD; 1 Samsung 860 1Tb SSD; Gigabyte 1080ti 11Gb VRAM; Toshiba 43" LED TV @ 4k..