Managing multiple licenses in an academic lab

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
Jesse.Goldman

Managing multiple licenses in an academic lab

Post by Jesse.Goldman »

We currently have about 38 individual licenses for Prepar3D v4 that we use in a high school computer lab. I'm the software administrator for the district and I'm responsible for re-imaging and reinstalling devices every summer. Is there a way I can manage all of my licenses via an online portal? I'd love to be able to mass-deactivate everything rather than touch every machine beforehand and manually uninstall the software. It's already a pain to manually license each machine with a standalone key and password. Any help to make my life (and my technician's lives) easier is greatly appreciated.
Jesse.Goldman

Re: Managing multiple licenses in an academic lab

Post by Jesse.Goldman »

Bump, can I please get a response from the dev team about this?
Jesse.Goldman

Post by Jesse.Goldman »

Bump again, nobody? Bit disappointed with the support team for not even attempting to help me for almost 3 weeks...
Jesse.Goldman

Post by Jesse.Goldman »

Just sent an email to the licensing support team. I'm hoping someone can respond in a timely manner there. We're on a time crunch to get our instructional space ready for the new school year.
Kayla Dillon

Post by Kayla Dillon »

Hello,

You cannot mass-deactivate Prepar3D. A bit quicker than completely uninstalling would be uninstalling the Client. This should prompt you with the option to deactivate Prepar3D. Select Yes. Uninstalling only the Client should take a few minutes.

Regards,
Kayla
Prepar3D® Software Engineer