Prepar3D v4.4 changing to background process when starting

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
swaor

Prepar3D v4.4 changing to background process when starting

Post by swaor »

I just upgraded from v4.3 to v4.4 with a fresh install.

When I start P3D, the splash screen shows up as usual but as soon as the startup screen should show up P3D changes to a background process and I can only hear the enigne sounds of the default aircraft. Also when I go back to v4.3 everything works just fine again.

I think the main problem is that it changes to a background process because I know there´s a setting for default scenario or new scenario somewhere in the settings where after a fresh install it will sometimes be set to create a default scenario right away.

I hope someone can help me :)
swaor

Re: Prepar3D v4.4 changing to background process when starting

Post by swaor »

Exact version name is 4.4.16.27077 (most recent one)
Chazypax

Post by Chazypax »

Same here for me, just starts up and runs as a process, no icon on the taskbar at all, but it's still running.
Brady Butler
Lockheed Martin

Post by Brady Butler »

Hello,

To have us assist you further, could you please review this topic and let us know the results from following the troubleshooting steps? Also, can you provide the details of your system?

http://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic ... 2&t=123246

If the issue is determined to be caused by an add-on, you will likely want to reach out to the add-on developer for direct support. If they need any support with development, they should not hesitate to contact us.

Regards,
Brady
Brady Butler
Prepar3D® Software Engineer