NO ATC VOICE

Any issues, problems or troubleshooting topics related to installing the Prepar3D client application or it's installer.
shermank

NO ATC VOICE

Post by shermank »

Hi all,

new to the forums and P3D, but happy so far with no intention of going back to FSX. With that said, I have a chronic problem as noted in the subject line.

I have scoured this and other forums, and have tried the various solutions to get back ATC audio, so far with no joy. I have tried all repair and reinstall suggestions, except for a total uninstall and reinstallation from scratch. Short of that, are there any other ideas for a solution to the problem. I read that the issue will be addressed in the next update. If so, when can we expect that to happen.

Please excuse my frustrations on this. I simply want to get back to flying...
btw, my only work around is using the ATC addon PF3, which i actually prefer to the internal default ATC control.

Thanks.

Sherm
aspen31

Re: NO ATC VOICE

Post by aspen31 »

Hello
Probably a long shot but have you checked all the settings under P3D sound. A short while ago I had somehow changed mine and it caused the ATC sound to disappear although the text of requests and answers was still visible. I had thought that P3D detected and applied to correct system settings but not so as I discovered.
Take care.
Warren
gets

Re: NO ATC VOICE

Post by gets »

Read the attached link. Hope you find an answer that works for you. Mine now works fine.
https://www.prepar3d.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=128612
i7-7700k 4.5 Ghz. 32 G RAM. Nvidia RTX 3060. Samsung 32" monitor. Two Samsung 1TB SSD.